Nightmares

Key Thirteen: Nightmares:

It always smelt like blood in her dreams. It's starting to flow into reality. The young mother-to-be could stay standing or sitting in one place for too long. It didn't help that she felt like she was being watched all of the time. Ami rubbed her forehead at her desk. Her face had the expression of someone about to throw up. None it felt real.

"This is real," someone whispered to her. A hand rested on her shoulder. Ami glanced behind her. Stacy stood behind her, grinning.

"Yo," she said, waving. The heiress gave her a strange look as she shoved her away.

"Uh... who are you?" she asked.

"A friend of your boyfriend's," Stacy said. She held out her hand. "Name's Stacy and you are?"

Ami wrinkled her nose. "Ami."

"Nice to meet you and baby Lavi," the demon said. "I have heard so much about you." The heiress gave him a blank stare.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Ah," Stacy said. "I just wanted to meet you and him."

"Why?" Ami asked. "How the hell did you get into my room?"

"I just appeared here," the demon said.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

"Who are you?"

"I told you. I am Stacy."

"Who are you really?"

Stacy grinned. "I am a demon."

Ami narrowed her eyes. "Are you insane?"

"Aren't we all insane?" Stacy leaned in, smiling. The pregnant heiress jumped backwards.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" she asked.

"I can ask you the same thing," the demon said.

"Huh?" Ami asked. Stacy sat down on the floor. She looked like a little kid waiting for a story.

"Don't you know?" the demon asked.

"Know what?" Ami asked. Stacy smiled and shook her head.

"You poor child," she said. "He hasn't told you, has he?" Ami had a confused look on her face.

"What are you talking about? Tell me what?" she asked.

"My, my, my," the demon said. Stacy sighed. "Looks like I'm going to have to tell you." She put her hand on Ami's head.

"Do you know what a nephilim is?" she asked.

"Sort of," the heiress said. "Aren't they half-angel or something." Stacy narrowed her eyes.

"And you know what Lavi really is, right?" she asked.

"Yes," Ami said.

"Good," Stacy said. "You are having a nephilim."

"What?" the heiress asked. The baby kicked inside of her. Ami winced at the sudden movement. Stacy looked down at her stomach.

"Yes, I know what you are," she said to the baby. "I kind of can't wait to meet you." The demon looked up at Ami.

"He's causing quite a stir, isn't he?" she asked. "You have no idea what's coming for you."

"What do you mean?" Ami asked. By now, she was starting to get annoyed and confused. Stacy smirked.

"Haven't you noticed it by now?" she asked. "He's drawing them to him. They know that he is here." Ami tried to move away from her head.

"You are freaking me out," she said.

"Am I?" Stacy asked. "Or is it the truth making you worried?"

"I... I don't know..." the heiress said. She felt another kick in her belly.

"You don't want her to know, do you?" Stacy asked the baby. "You can't keep this from her, you know?" More kicks to Ami's stomach.

"Why are you trying to hide the truth?" the demon asked. "They are coming for you, you know? Even she will be on her way soon."

"What are you talking about?!" Ami asked. "You're not making any sense! What do you want with me?!" Stacy calmly smiled and shrugged.

"I'm just here to warn you," she said.

"Get out of my room!" Ami shouted. "You are creeping me out!"

"Fine," Stacy said. She turned and walked out of the room. Before she left, the demon looked over her shoulder.

"Since the baby won't let me say anything, talk to Lavi," Stacy said. "I doubt he will tell you anything. But what choice does he have?" The demon vanished into thin air. Ami sank to her knees, trembling. She held her hand to her chest as the baby kicked inside of her.

There was that scent of blood again. Ami felt like throwing up.

"I'm home," Lavi said. He found Ami sitting in a corner in her room, curled up in the fetal position, trembling.

"Ami!" he said. The angel ran over to her.

"Ami? Ami?" he asked, shaking her. She looked up at him. The heiress grabbed him by the arm.

"Ami?" Lavi asked.

"Tell me," she pleaded. "What is this creature inside of me? Please..." Lavi stared at her with horror in his eye. His girlfriend looked ready to cry.