Nephilim

Key Twenty: Nephilim:

Ami sat in the doctor's office as she waited. Something felt off about this place. Why was it so cold back here? The nurse had no emotion on her face as did the basic examinations. She didn't even talk to her. Ami already wanted to run out of the office. But, she felt that she didn't have a choice. Ami made herself breathe and calm down. Maybe it was just nerves.

The nurse finished filling out the chart.

"The doctor will be with you soon," she said. That was the first time she spoke. The nurse sounded so robotic though. She didn't even make eye contact.

"Okay... thanks," Ami said. The nurse turned and walked out of the room. The heiress sat in the chair as the door closed. Something wasn't right. She felt like she was in the middle of a horror movie.

Calm down. Calm down. This is all in your head. Breathe. Think positive. Think positive.

Where was Lavi? He was right behind her, but when she turned around, he was gone.

"Where's my boyfriend?" Ami asked.

"He's not allowed back here," the nurse told her. That didn't sound right.

"But..." Ami said.

"He's not allowed back here," the nurse repeated. She pushed the mother-to-be further down the hall. Red flags went up in Ami's head.

She looked up when she heard the door open. A female doctor walked into the room.

"Good morning," she said. "How are you?" Her smile and chipper tone were unsettling enough. Ami forced herself to smile.

"Fine..." she said. Ami scooted away in the chair.

"Don't be frightened," the doctor said. "I'm not going to hurt you. Just relax." That was not helping. What was this doctor hiding? Ami glanced around for cameras. The doctor sat down at her computer.

"Any pains lately?" she asked.

"No," the mother-to-be said.

"Still taking your vitamins?"

"Yes."

"Keeping to the diet you were put on?"

"Yes."

"Good, good." Harmless questions so far. Nothing to worry about. This could turn out fine. But then, the doctor looked up.

"Having any visions lately?" she asked. Ami looked up.

"Excuse me?" Ami asked. The doctor laughed off her own question.

"Oh pardon me," she said. "Just talking nonsense." Ami gave her a strange look. Okay then... The doctor typed on the computer.

"Please step up on the bed," she said. The teenaged girl reluctantly did so.

"Very good," the doctor said. She pulled out the stethoscope. She listened to the baby's heart. Ami looked down at the tool. Something still didn't seem right. Who was this woman really?

"Are you really a doctor?" Ami asked.

"Of course I am," the doctor said.

"Since when?"

"Quite some time."

"Okay..." Ami tried to look away. The doctor glanced up at her.

"Having any visions lately?" she asked again.

"No," the heiress said. The doctor looked her in the eye.

"Are you lying to me?"

"No."