Chapter 3

Around the time Rose's dad came home from running, she was leaving for the woods again to do some more archery. Her parents knew the woods were safe and trusted Rose to go alone. So whenever she had a chance, she would go and shoot arrows at a blank target for practice. When it got dark she would come home as usual or for dinner and not go back out since it would get dark soon. One day she had gone out to shoot arrows and it was time for dinner so her mom called out,

"Rose, come on back it's dinner time."

"Coming mom, let me just get my arrows." Rose shouted back while getting her arrows.

When her family had finished eating, everyone did their own thing. Rose went to her room, her sister, Timber played in the family room, and her parents talked about how their day was.

Soon it was time for Timber to go to bed and when she goes bed, she wants Rose to carry her to her bedroom. After Timber got ready for bed, she went into Rose's room and gave her a hug and kiss goodnight.

"Goodnight sissy, see you in the morning." said Timber as she walked to her room, rubbing her eyes.

"G 'night Timber, see you too," responded Rose right back, "you know what we're going to do tomorrow?"

"I don't know." said Timber, "What?"

"I'll tell you in the morning." Rose said while giggling.

"Oh come on Rose, tell me," pleaded Timber, "I won't tell anyone."

"Nope," laughed Rose, "Telling you in the morning."

"Fine." sighed Timber and while she was going to bed, Rose quietly laughed.

Around eleven, Rose finally decided to go to bed. While getting ready for bed, she saw a faint shimmer of silver in the reflection of her mirror. Seeing it, she looked behind her but saw nothing there. Confused, she thought she was just tired and needed to go to bed so she got ready for bed and went to sleep.