Chapter 3

"Hey, guys, I just remember that I need to do something. I gotta go!"
Everyone was surprised with my sudden action. But all I could think of at the moment is to leave that place. I run home and lock myself in the room.
"Tae Tae honey, are you ok?" My mom whispers through the door
"Tae..."
But I didn't want to answer.
I just don't know what to say. My head is going crazy. It can't be happening. It shouldn't be this way. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, mentally screaming in my head as I make a mess out of my hair.

After a few hours sitting on the floor and being in a daze, I hear a knock on the door.
"Taehyunnie, it's me, can we talk?"
It was uncle Hyungsik. For some reason, my uncle and I get along pretty well, it's like we've been knowing each other for a very long time. He reminds me of grams but he is way funnier and cooler. (No offense, grams. I still love you the most). Like grams, he knows everything. If I have to describe him in one word, I would say he is a "library". Even though he only in his late 30s, he is like an old wise soul, but with a great taste in fashion.
I stand up and walk toward the door. Along with the open door, I see a gentle smile and a handsome face.
"Hey, how is everything going for my birthday boy?" as I turn around and sit on my bed.
" Oh-ho, that's not how you'd greet you elder, young man" he says but I still don't know what to tell him.
Should I tell him that, " Hey, uncle, I'm an omega, and I just found my mate today. And guess what, he is the brother that I love and care for for the past 8 years. Yes, Jeon Jungkook is my mate. But worst yet, I saw him hand in hand with a girl, and she is pretty as hell. And to be honest, they look great together." No fucking way, the day I blurt out these words from my mouth would the day that I die.

"What's going on? What would make the great Kim Taehyung feeling so down?" Still in a playful manner, my uncle says.
Gosh, I'm taking it back, he ain't no old wise soul. Sometimes he's just a 5-year-old kid.
"Nothing... it's complicated" I answer
Then there was a moment of awkward silence and my uncle lets out a long sigh.
"Is it because you're omega and you finally meet the one, but you can't really approach him or her because you're afraid that one day you will have to tell that person the truth which might not be easily accepted ?"
And I was in shock with my mouth opens so wide I could fit an ostrich egg inside.
"How did y..."
"I didn't just leave the pack because I want to. I was sent on a mission, to find answers. Besides, it's written all over your face." My uncle cuts me off.
Beyond surprised, I just stares at him. But then I break the silence, "but he is my brother. I don't even know what to do"
"Wait, what? Hold on, is it JungKook or Namjoon?" As I glare at him and push him aside.
"Okay, okay, no more jokes." Then he pats my shoulder after he finishes the sentence.
With a serious tone, he says,"Kim Taehyung, listen, you are the rarest jewel on this earth and there is nothing to be shame of it. You maybe an omega by blood, but you have the heart of an alpha. Keep that in mind and don't let anything else bring you down."
"and about Jungkook. If he is your mate then it also means that you are his. There is nothing to worry about!"
"But he is..."
"Your brother?"
"Maybe on paper but not by blood. If you guys really have feeling for each other than let the power love take care of the rest. Have you ever stop and think that maybe he was sent to us for a reason?"
"But uncle Hyungsik, I'm not even sure that I have that kind of feeling for him. Everything happen so fast. Besides, he got himself a girlfriend already!" I says
"I say let time decide how things will go. In 2 years, JungKook will come to age, then we will find out the answer, and plus, it give you time to think. Deal?"

Maybe my uncle is right, maybe I'm just overthinking this. Maybe we still have time... right?

"Come on, let's go out and eat. You can't miss out on your birthday dinner? And cheer up, your mom won't be happy to see that depressed face of yours" he chuckles.
I give him a smile as an agreement and we walk out to the kitchen together. That is when we see the table full of delicious dishes. Oh and on top of that, they are all MY favorite food. Ah~~this is heaven on earth. I don't even remember why I was so sad and feeling down earlier. Then the front door is opened and my Handsome Dad shouts, "Yah, Hyungsik-ah, why didn't you tell me earlier that you would stop by, I could've gotten us some soju and beers."
"Hyungnim, how could I miss my favorite nephew's birthday? But it's ok, I have to go back to the hospital later on so. How is it being a CEO, my barbaric hyungnim?" As he tackles my dad's shoulder.
"Yah!" My dad tries to shrug him off while my mom and I just laugh at these two grown men who often act like immature kids.
Suddenly, the door opens again and this time it is my gang with both of my brothers.
"Yo, Tae, why did you leave all of a sudden?" Jimin asks.
Then my mom turns to me and gives me a concerned look, "that's right, Tae, is everything ok?"
"I'm fine. I just have an upset stomach, that's it!"
I quickly give them an excuse but they still doubtfully stare at me.
"That is the true, I swear!"
"Uh... huh" Hoseok hyung smirks while everyone will look at me.
"Tae's oemma, can we eat now?" with Jin hyung breaks the silence 'cause he's been drooling over the food the moment he walks in.

And so all 10 of us enjoy our, or I should say my, birthday's dinner. Everything seems to be back to normal.

That night, when I was about to get ready for bed, unexpectedly, JungKook comes into my room.
"Hyung, happy birthday!!!" With the bunny smile that would melt any girl's heart away, he hands out a small box.
I take the box and give him a gentle smile, "Thank you, Gukkie!"
Then his smile just turns brighter and brighter, I thought something is wrong with my eyes.
"Alright go to sleep, you got school tomorrow," I quickly get back to my senses and say.
"Ok. Good night, Tae-hyung!" Then he just runs off to his room.
As I was left alone in my room, I look down at the small box in my hands and smile. I could tell you that it was a happy smile and for a split second, I thought maybe it could be a happy ending after all.

———————————————————————

*confession: Lord, this was a long chapter. tbh, I never thought that I would start a fanfic cuz I always deeply hate the art of writing lol😂🤣🤣. Anyways, I guess I'm doin this bc I never really find a fanfic that satisfy Taekook's love story in my imagination. I promise u guys I will try my best!!!!!😆😆
** did anyone wonder why there is a SHINee's meme in the previously chapter???