Chapter 8

Love, a passionate affection one can have for a certain thing, is known to be the most powerful virtue of all. Greed, by definition, is the intense desire for something that might belong to someone else. Love creates life while greed consequently leads to suffering and pain, or even death. So it is obvious to the eyes that the relationship between love and greed is as simple as black and white. If greed is darkness then love is light. If greed is yin then love is yang. They contrarily oppose each other and often times, they defeat one another. However, they are somehow inseparable. If you look closer, the truth will always have a flaw. If greed is your desire for something, then doesn't it mean that you must have loved that something first? So if that is the case, love gives rise to greed and down to the core, greed is love.
How ironic, right?
~~~

{ JungKook's P.O.V. }

Waking up to a sweet scent, I get up from the bed and try to find where the scent comes from. Before I realize it, I was already standing in front of Tae hyung's room.

So it is real. He is my mate. I've been dreaming of this day since forever. I want to inhale his scent in as whole and not share it with anyone. He might see me as a baby brother, but I have been in love with him since the day he saved me in the woods. That is why I tried my best to show him how capable I am of being his mate. Ever since our first encounter, I don't know why but he always has this faint scent that's very comforting, and alluring sometimes, and no one else seems to notice it. Not until I was 13, when I came across a old book that said sometimes a bond between mates can be more powerful than others and that you can just know from the first sight, of age or not, you are destined to belong to each other. I am beyond happy to wake up and know that he is the one for me. It's like all of my prayers had been answered. Heck, even if I am wrong and Kim Taehyung isn't my mate, I would still reject my mate and choose him. Because of him, I was saved. Because of him, I was loved. And because of him, I found a home that I belong to. But I'm glad now that everything turns out how I wanted it to be.

Wait! Before I could leave out a sigh of relief and joy, something hits me. If this is true, then that means he already found out about this two years ago. Why didn't he claim me as his mate. Does this mean he doesn't want me as his other half. So all this time, it's just an unrequited love?

Feeling rejected, anger quickly takes over my heart. All I want to do is to bust in the room and claim him as mine. I can't bare the thought of losing him to someone else. All of him is mine. His heart should belong to me and only me.

No! If I do that, then what does it make me? If I do that, he would hate me forever. If I do that, I will lose everything I have. So should I fulfill my darkest desire by destroying everything I have? Or should I fight to protect this little and yet beautiful love even if it could never be answered or returned? Turmoil is boiling inside of me. I need to get outta here. I need to calm myself down. With all my might, I grab my phone and a jacket, and quickly rush out of the house.

Aimlessly walking through the street, all I can think of is his smile. Kim Taehyung, you are the death of me. Why do I love you so much that now I'm left with a broken heart. Why are you so beautiful yet so cruel? Why? Why? Why? Why even let me meet him in the first place then? Is this some kind of a game? Are you playing tricks on us, fate?

Ding! A text message. I look down to the screen and see the words "Happy Birthday, Gukkie!"

That's right. I'll let him see what a mistake he made. I'll make him know what regret really is. I'll show him how painful a broken heart feels like.

Ring... ring... ring...

"Hey, my parents are kinda throwing a party for my birthday tonight. Do you want to come with me as my date?"