Chapter 3: Questions

Impatience became your default emotion the moment you felt dusk approach since then. If you weren't so occupied with anything, you'd even be willing to skip your meals, only so that you could get back into your sleeping position, just to close your eyes.

All because of 'Blue'.

This behavior was so evident; you managed to arouse suspicion amongst the people of your acquaintance. And so, the questions flooded:

Were you ill? Are you unhappy?

You'd ignore these inquiries without a single care. Because of your dire need to just get the nightgown over your head, and crawl into your bed.

Beneath that dire need, was also a feeling you didn't care to admit, for it seemed ridiculous. The way you discovered butterflies in your stomach apart from your impatience, wasn't that ridiculous enough? Could you possibly be developing feelings to something you did not know to exist?

——–————- 

James exhaled deeply. The chill and the rustle filled the atmosphere. And there she was again, teasing him so.

Tonight, the dream decided to unfold even further.

"I know who you are James Delaney" she spoke.

"I can feel your pain..." her voice grew sad "...I can taste...your need for vengeance..." changing to anger, she continued, gently brushing her nose against his stubble cheek.

"Come find me, James" her voice was chilling yet hungry, sending shivers down his spine, yet also sparking a desire within. James' right hand slithered to the back of her neck, surprising her with a firm hold. His fingers automatically interlocked in her long tresses, which were something he just discovered.

"But how? How will I find you?" James found himself sounding desperate, parched more like.

For the first time, the eyes he always gazed at finally formed a color, into something human. His own eyes grew wider. The existing outline of her face formed into a smile,

"You'll know"

James grunted in frustration as her captivating eyes looked down at his lips.

And in a flash, he pulled her to him, cupping her face, with the desire to do nothing but attack her lips ferociously. And for a moment he was relieved to find, how she was equally responsive.

Moans infused with sounds of water splashing. Hands moved frantically around each other's topography, touching, grabbing and clawing with an immense hunger. The two strangers with this new found attraction continued their heated exchange that turned animalistic. Lifting her up, James felt his arms throw her to the shore. Pouncing on her, time sped up to the point he had entered her, ravishing till he could hear nothing but the howling winds, the rustling trees and her screaming out his name in pure pleasure.

James threw his head back in complete frustration as he found himself to be awake again in the dead of the night. Fuming with anger, he stood up from the wooden floor, walked across the attic from one corner to the other, till he finally reached the window. With eyes closed, he recalled his kisses on her skin, his nose brushing against her collarbone, holding her in his arms. The sheer thought of tasting her, aroused him enough to feel a sudden growth below his waist.

———-

Eyes shot wide open, you stared at the ceiling. You were awake, for Blue had made a visit. Moving to sit up, you suddenly realized how your hands have been tightly holding on to both sides of the bed, along with legs spread wide, underneath the covers.

Finally sitting up, a burning sensation grew on your cheeks. You felt yourself groan for it was not the only sensation that was made aware. Rocking back and forth, you closed your eyes to feel an awakening between your thighs. Lips parted, you were tempted to moan, but did not want to attract attention.

Yet, the fire below needed to be put out.

Covering your mouth, you laid down to the side. Pulling up the covers higher, your hand dipped inside it, slowly slithering underneath your nightgown. Your body winced with the lightest touch of your own fingers brush your abdomen, teasing it while moving downward to the place that required the most care. Muffled moans were produced in your palm as the other touched and comforted your fire in circular motions.

And you could not think of nothing else to haunt you during.

Whoever had the ownership of those two blue orbs, held you firmly by the palm of the hand, for your act of fulfillment and pleasure had much meaning because of it. Hence your craving for that owner grew even stronger.

————-

All because of a dream.

Delaney did not require an excuse to visit the lake or it's vicinity, but this time, he constantly felt the need to question himself.

Stripped down to his shirt, James began walking to the lake. Ripples formed around his legs each time he took a step in the water. As the water level reached his waist, he moved his arms around, cleansing himself as he slowly dipped his head into the water with eyes closed.

All that he witnessed in his slumber took place in this lake. Surely he would be able to gather any memories he could have possibly forgotten.

Darkness grew, and there was light. And there he saw himself, plunged in the waters deep:

This particular day came to mind. A few days since he read Zilpha's farewell note, James was in mourning. Visiting the lake, he hoped a re-connection with her spirit would have been a possibility. Fueled with longing and nostalgia, he dove deep in the water, yet there was nothing but silence lingering in his head. Slowly opening his eyes, he could see the hues of blue with the rays of light that have sunk into the water. But once the eyes were fully opened, a figure of a woman remained static under water a few feet away from him. Dressed in only her undergarments, the woman with her head held up and eyes closed, remained gracefully still. James wondered, is she dead? Could she have drowned herself? He jumped when she started moving, kicking her feet and swimming to the surface. James followed suit and the moment he reached the surface; she was nowhere to be seen.

Gently bringing his head out the water, James wiped his face, rubbing his eyes.

As much as he felt more informed of his memories, this particular one seemed to have brought more questions than answers.

Who was she?

Was James mad enough to assume she had any association, with the woman in his dreams?