Chapter 5: Unexpected Sentiments

You wondered whether a decade of suffering had finally come to past, for you seemed to be more at peace than you ever were before. No more drowning, no sense of misdirection or disorientation. You'd only open your eyes with the mere memory of Blue instead. It has been a few days since you have felt this way, and a part of you was nervous to celebrate or accept whether you were truly free. For it was too good to be true. Though you were alone at night you were not lonely, and feelings have seemingly developed for an invisible entity, which you could not explain. But it was so simple, you were happy. There was nothing to do but smile, for you have immersed yourself in emotions, that felt so warm, and so comforting, just by the mere thought of those blue eyes.

Quite the chance you finally encountered James Delaney, and in an unexpected manner no doubt. But then, tossing to the side, you wondered: Why would he suddenly come into mind? Yes, you finally met him after all the stories and rumors. But, was he not like any other man in London? Not in a literal context, yet, he did not mean anything. As your kept dwelling on the subject, you tried to picture his face. Perhaps it was the lack of light or just the first time, for imagining him seemed difficult and unclear. Planting a seed of great curiosity, the desire to see him again lingered, in a secret corner of your heart.

——————————————————————————————–

Meanwhile, James was lost in thought. Staring into the distance, he sat comfortably on the window; for he was awaken once again by the dream. Except tonight, he savored each second of it. The vision in its entirety suddenly appeared to be filled with clarity, especially when it came to The Woman. The way she appeared from the water, the way she laughed and teased, he was more observant of her than ever. And when her seduction was at play, he welcomed it with open arms. Playing along, words exchanged were no different, yet his emotions felt more in control. The correspondence of her clear expressions to her voice made it seem more real to him. Letting out a deep breath, James did not spare his pleasure as he reimagined her lips as she spoke, her lips being kissed, her lips forming moans by his touch and his taste.

Fueled by deep curiosity and arousal, which seemed unavoidable, James Delaney was certain this woman would drive him to the point of insanity, if she remained such a mystery. Especially when she seemed so reachable, yet unreachable at the same time.

——————————————————————————————–

In the midst of bells ringing, the sea gulls crying, and the chatter of the townsfolk, you found yourself walking to another rhythm, and you secretly enjoyed doing so, as if music might play out somewhere and surprise you.

Another day, another morning, and there you were, off to purchase much needed supplies, as requested by your master. Walking by the docks, you were suddenly reminded of the Delaney Trading Company, at the Wapping docks. You clearly remembered how Helga von Hinten had to move her brothel out from there, and how she cursed the son of Horace Delaney as she did so. Walking through the alleyway, you secretly hoped you could pass by the area, catching a glance of the man himself. Maybe even stop by to thank him again, for saving you from a fall that would have ended horribly.

Sudden excitement bubbled up inside, something that you certainly did not expect. The excitement grew stronger as you got closer.

"James Delaney!"

You froze. It was Beldon's voice.

"Beldon Whitby..." he spoke in confidence, "Perhaps you might remember-"

"I am sorry..." James' voice cut him off. "... But I do not"

You silently snickered. Anyone who dared to talk back to Beldon was indeed a friend of yours. As you slowly tiptoed, leaning against the wooden wall, you secretly listened in to the conversation. But at the same time you wondered, what on earth would he want from James?