Loki Is A Sad And Angry Demigod

Loki awoke, hurting everywhere. She could feel her seiðr knitting her back together slowly, it had probably started while she was unconscious.

She inhaled the air and looked up at the sky. It looked like she had landed on Midgard, wasn't that fun?

Her anger had disappeared and she was left with a heavy chest, tears prickling in her eyes. Thor was dead, and all of Asgard most likely followed suit.

She was alone.

"I'm sorry." She said, hoping he could hear her from his rightful place in Valhalla. "I should've done better."

She sat up with much difficulty, and looked around to get an idea of her surroundings. The plant life around her confirmed her suspicions of Midgard being her location. At least it wasn't Jotunheim.

Before her stood a large, grey, rectangular building, with a stylised 'A' on one of its walls. It took her a moment to remember what the 'A' was for.

It seemed the Tesseract had a sense of humour.

Still, she'd need help defeating Thanos – even she could admit that – and who better than Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

And she was going to defeat Thanos. He had killed her brother. If anyone had the right to do that, it was her.

Loki got to her feet, but they immediately buckled and she was on the ground again. She told her seiðr to focus on her legs for now, which though leaving her in blinding pain everywhere else, allowed her to walk, albeit slowly. It tried to drag her to unconsciousness again, to have time to heal, but she needed to get to the Avengers and warn them of Thanos. Sure, they might kill her on sight, but it was her best bet. She couldn't just wait until she was better.

It took her several minutes to cross the short distance to the Avenger's facility. She weakly slammed her hands against the front door. "Avengers! I am in need of your assistance."

She realised it would be hard to convince the Avengers that anything she said was true. She was Loki, after all, would-be ruler of their world.

The door opened to reveal the Iron Man – Tony Stark. He wasn't wearing the full armor, but she noticed his gauntleted hand.

"Stark, you must listen. My brother... my brother, Thanos killed him. I know you can't trust me but, I, my brother- he-" Loki couldn't stop tears rolling down her face. Norns, she was breaking down in front of Stark of all people. How embarrassing.

"Okay, okay..." Stark said, with a bad attempt at being reassuring, looking at the panicking Asgardian with seemingly no idea what to do. "Start from the beginning... you are?"

Loki didn't realise that these people wouldn't recognise her in her female form. The fools. Perhaps she could successfully hide her identity for a while then, it'd be easier to gain their trust.

"Loren." She answered.

"Great. Cool. Where did you get all these injuries from? You look like you were put through a blender. This Thanos guy that killed your brother - was it him?"

"No, I fell."

"You fell."

"From the sky."

He looked skeptical. "Sure, okay. You fell from the sky. What-"

Loki staggered forward and was caught by Stark, she almost found in funny. Her seiðr was going to be an inpatient bitch, it seemed. Figuring the Avengers should be able to keep her out of harm's way for a short while, she allowed her seiðr to pull her into unconsciousness.