Epilogue

Thor wouldn't let anyone take the gauntlet from him. He didn't trust that anyone bar himself would bring Loki back along with everyone else.

The trouble lay in where he could stop bringing people back to life. He could bring back Asgard, sure, but if he brought it back, why not every other group of people that had been killed? Why not Zen-Whoberi or the citizens killed in the New York invasion and Sokovia? Where would he stop?

No. He had to limit himself to only resurrecting those who had been killed in Thanos' recent search for the stones. Even if it was hard to do.

He thought back to his trip to Xandar when he was travelling the universe in search of the infinity stones. They were good people and though Thor didn't agree that they should keep the power stone, he let them have it. In hindsight, that was a mistake, but with the infinity gauntlet in hand, he could bring them back. The soul stone told him all those who had died and the time stone reversed their deaths. It was almost too easy.

Next was the Asgardians who had been killed from the search for the Tesseract. Thor remembered standing before them as their king, with Loki, Brunnhilde, Heimdall, Korg and Bruce by his side. He remembered the pride he felt in his people and urged the ship to repair itself and his people to return from the dead.

He had gone to the collector in his travels too. His security was better than most, but evidently not enough to stop a Titan with two infinity stones. He had the same – rather creepy – aura that the grandmaster did, but he did have rather good wine. Thor brought him back along with any of the living beings that had been in his collection when Thanos destroyed the place. And maybe he didn't put those living beings back in their cages when he resurrected them, but he would plead the fifth if asked about it.

He brought back those who died in the battle for the time stone next. The soul stone assisted him in bringing back everyone. The Wakandan Army, the Dora Milaje, and the Jubari tribe. The Asgardians and the Sakaraan Gladiators. The Guardians and The Avengers and The Defenders. Spider-man and Doctor Strange. He pictured them lined up for battle and resurrected them all.

And then, Thor used the soul and time stones to reverse the halving of Earth and anyone else who died accidentally because of it.

Gamora was next. Thor remembered seeing her for the first time, radiating the same intimidating aura as Sif always did. He didn't know her well, but already respected her as a great warrior and as someone able to break free from the manipulation Thanos used to keep her under his control.

The soul stone disappeared as he brought her back to life, but Thor didn't need it anymore. He could remember who the last soul was on his own. His last memory of Loki wasn't a pleasant one. He tried to think of a nicer time in Loki's life when as he brought his brother back. The first memory that came to mind was the two of them as young children after Loki had turned Eir's hair blue per Thor's suggestion and the two of them had ran away giggling. They had later gotten caught, of course, but the memory had still stuck to his mind. Back then Loki was still happy and the two of them were still close. Thor hoped when Loki returned, they could work together to return to something like that.

Some of the recently resurrected had turned up in some odd places.

Gamora called the Guardians' ship radio from her mobile one (which the other Guardians claimed had been lost in the battle on Knowhere for the reality stone) to say she was in some desert planet. They quickly traced her signal back to the Australian outback.

The Statesman was found rather quickly when it showed up beside a Norwegian village. Heimdall and Sif soon left to check up on the them when Thor insisted he had to stay.