Road work ahead?? Uh, yeah, I sure hope it does

"Hey. Wake up, idiot. I know it'd kill you to make your big entrance while sleeping."

Loki awoke to Brunnhilde shaking her shoulders hard and hit at her hands. "I'm awake, wench. Leave me alone."

"Ooh, wench? Pulling out the adult words?"

She scowled at Brunnhilde and looked past her. The rest of the Avengers seemed to be ignoring her and they now had Colonel Rhodes in their midst, but there was one new member onboard. "... banner?"

Banner (or Bruce? She wasn't sure if they were there yet. She was still terrified of the hulk after all.) waved awkwardly. "Hey, uh, Loren?"

So he had been told about her alias and was playing along. Good, maybe they were at the stage where she could call him Bruce.

"When did you get to Earth? I thought the Tesseract must have thrown you somewhere else."

"I landed in some wizard's house just before aliens attacked New York."

Loki had forgotten all about the fight in New York. "Is Peter okay?"

"Spider-Kid?" Brunnhilde said and smiled. "Rhodes found him tangled in his parachute. Look behind you."

The couch Loki was on was back-to-back with another which Peter was sprawled across - asleep.

"I told him that he needed some sleep too." Banner shrugged. "He's just a kid."

Definitely Bruce now.

"It took ages to convince him that you weren't hurt." Brunnhilde grinned. "Speaking of, how's the magic recovery?"

Loki tried to get a feel of the seiðr running through her. "It's returned somewhat, but it seems that my recovery time has slowed immensely with Asgard destroyed. I have the strength to summon and use a knife effectively though, that's all that I need."

"Good." Brunnhilde said plainly before quickly adding, "Thanos could attack at any time."

Bruce looked away. "So, Tony and Doctor Strange - who I'm pretty is the same Doctor Strange as that missing neurosurgeon? - went up into a flying spaceship and haven't come back."

Loki let out a small noise of frustration. "I told them not to try anything."

"We're landing in Wakanda in about five minutes." Romanoff called out from where she sat at the wheel of the ship. "None of you are allowed to embarrass me."

"No promises." Bruce called back and Romanoff laughed.

"We're meeting with the king of Wakanda, T'challa, when we land," Brunnhilde said, "so uh, don't fuck anything up."

Loki smiled and repeated Bruce's words, "No promises."

She rolled her eyes. "Just wake up the kid." She said before she turned away and sat herself down next to Rhodes.

Loki leaned over the couch and looked at Peter. His youth showed all the more in his sleep and Loki found herself smiling a little.

"You like kids?" Bruce said from behind her, a smirk in his voice. She'd forgotten he was there.

"Who likes stories more than children?"

Bruce seemed to realise he was being brushed off and walked away. Loki put her hand on Peter's shoulder and shook him a little.

Peter awoke with a jump, looking scared until he caught sight of her. "Loren! You're awake."

"Indeed I am. We're landing in Wakanda in five minutes."