And I oop-

The day of the battle had arrived, and the air was tense as they waited for the arrival of Thanos' army. It was early, but many who had yet to eat were in what had become the common room for the group.

Some were still looking at him nervously, but the kids, Thor, Bruce, and the Guardians – bar Nebula, who had no need for breakfast – had formed a sort of protective circle around him subconsciously. Wanda was at a seperate table with Vision, but was close by. It certainly didn't help the tense atmosphere that Loki was in his more recognisable masculine form.

Loki picked at his breakfast, the food quality seemingly dampened by the moods of those around him. He wanted to lighten up the place somewhat.

Thinking for a moment, Loki looked to Wanda and decided that some pay back for her past prank was in order. As she picked up her mug, Loki changed the liquid inside to a coiling snake – an oldie but a goodie, as the Midgardians would say.

Wanda brought the mug near her lips and the snake peaked out and booped her on the nose. She stilled momentarily and made direct eye contact with the creature before she yelped and the cup went flying. It smashed into pieces on the hard floor and Loki was briefly glad the snake wasn't real before it vanished.

Wanda immediately looked to Loki and glared. "Dude." She said, having obviously spent too much time with Peter and Shuri.

Speaking of Peter and Shuri, those two seemed to be the only ones to see the actual prank, and were laughing, while everyone else had only looked over after the sound of smashing ceramic.

Loki smiled. "Something wrong?"

Wanda smiled back and shot a stream of red light at Loki that he didn't have time to avoid. He looked down at himself, but didn't see any noticeable difference.

Still, the three children and the guardians seemed to find it hilarious. Thor snorted from beside him and Loki turned to face his brother.

"Reminiscing my old hair, Loki?" Thor asked.

Loki scrunched up his eyebrows in confusion before he grabbed a lock of hair and brought it to his eyes.

It was blond.

He looked to Wanda. "You didn't."

"I did." She laughed. "And I've got to be the first to say: you look terrible."

Perhaps childishly, Loki stuck out his tongue at Wanda. She returned the gesture.

"I disagree." Thor said. "I didn't know you loved me so much that you would copy my hairstyle."

"Please." Loki rolled his eyes as overdramatically as possible. "I'm obviously going blond to pay tribute to Amora."

Thor laughed and Loki shifted until he was in the form of his old friend. "Oh, Thor." He said in her voice, raising a hand to his forehead and leaning against his brother's chest. "You are so beautiful and handsome and you must promise to marry me when we're older or I'll beat you up."

Sif laughed at that one, and Thor shoved Loki off him as Loki let the disguise slip, glad to see the blond hair left with it.

"Isn't that kinda... morbid?" Peter asked.

"Oh please," Loki said, "She isn't dead. Only maybe dead."

Before Thor could try and squeeze some emotions out of him, Loki looked around the room. "Shouldn't Strange be back by now?"

Strange had already collected the Defenders, some Asgardians and the Sakaaran gladiators. All of whom had already eaten and were elsewhere. Heimdall said he had to concentrate so he could see Thanos' approach.