Part 26- Jay's POV

JAY

After Shayla shut the door I turned to Hunter,"we need to talk."

"Why?"

"Because it's important and it's about my best friend's safety" as soon as I said that Hunter's face got real serious.

"Follow behind my car, were going to my house" Hunter spoke.

I got in the car knowing I shouldn't go against him because it's about his mate's safety and he is all for it. Hunter seems like the type to absolutely fuck you up if you mess with his mate, so before I got in my car to follow him I cast a more powerful than the last on Shayla's home so no one car enter but humans, me and Hunter. I hopped in the car following Hunter to his house.

When we arrived I didn't believe his house to be bigger than Shayla describe to be but she was right when she said I will be stunned because I am. The house was better than good.

Hunter showed me the way to an sort of office

Maybe it's his

I sat down in a chair and he sat behind the desk, "so what's going on with Shayla" he asked.

"Alright, I put a slight barrier around Shayla's house because she's my best friend and I wanted protect her ever since she found out about the supernatural world," I paused and rolled my eyes as I point to Hunter and said" thanks to you"

Hunter wasn't seeing that part funny as he just stared a serious face at me so I continued, "earlier because of the barrier I sensed there were four creatures by her house before it was taken down, and when it was I immediately called Shayla's phone to warn her that those creatures may enter her house but the line had a lot of static but I was hoping that she heard my warning but the called ended and I don't know why. I made my way over as fast as I could. The house was a mess, glass everywhere, the home phone cord was cut and then I found Shayla knocked out on the floor in her room where more shattered glass lay and a huge rock where her name lays on the note, attached to the rock. I took pictures of everything before I fixed her house back up," I took out my phone going to my photos and handing it over to Hunter, "When she woke up she didnt remember what happened so I told her not to worry" Hunter nods his head

"I don't want her to stress when I can handle it" Hunter says.

*****************************************
SHAYLA

After I shut the door I went to my room and layed out on my bed thinking how should I go about the dinner on the weekend. I wanted to have Hunter's family at the dinner too but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to. But then again I want to have everyone meet everyone because there no doubt in my mind I'll leave Hunter, it'll just be to painful. I went ahead with the idea and texted Hunter to bring his family on this weekend too for the dinner. He replied quickly with an "I will, love".

I got a text from another unsaved number but it wasn't like the one before. I felt weird reading this one too,"Hey Shayla, please come back to me" because what does this person mean "come back", I mean was I there before.

I simply just close out the app and ignore them. I heard the front door close guessing it was my older brother, Martavis. He yelled from behind my door letting me know it was him. A hour or two later the other two came home, my youngest brother, Samuel won't let nobody know that he's here unless he is hungry. My other younger brother, Myles who is older than my youngest comes to hey to me and leaves to be in his room all day.

Around 5pm I cooked dinner for my brothers, they each had one chicken breast (skillet fried), broccoli, mash potatoes and gravy.

After dinner I went back up to my room turned on One Piece and gladly watched episodes and episodes of it.

Later I went to sleep dreading that I had to go to school tomorrow.