Part 30- Dinner at the temporary Pack House

SHAYLA

Hunter finally steps away from me and I turn the rest of the pots on low because all the jambalaya is now done.

"Hey sweetie" I hear Navia say and automatically know she is talking about Hunter.

"Hey Mom" Hunter replies, he points toward me, " food smells good"

"Well your mate was cooking mostly all of it" she winks at me.

Hunter gets back up and comes towards me and tries to lean in and kiss me but I put my hand up to his lips, "your mom is in here" I whisper then I hear Navia giggle.

"I'm going to call everyone for dinner" she says as she walks out the kitchen.

"Can I get my kiss now, love?" He lifts his eyebrows.

"No " I simply state.

"Why not?" Hunter tries to pout and I almost laugh my ass off of how cute he looks.

" Because you will take it too far" I smile.

" On the cheek?" He points to his.

"Fine kiss my cheek" He comes closer and kisses my cheek but keeps going down my neck with more kisses.

"Hunter, babe come on" I moan in his ear and then push myself from him far.

"Now take these pots and set them on the table" I tell Hunter. He takes the pots one by one and I find the bowls, spoons and forks following Hunter to the table and setting it up.

When the table was set and all the food was on it, people started to walk in to take a seat and bowing their head slightly at Hunter who chose to sit by me. I see Nova walk in as she is holding hands with her sister Ava. Nova let's go of her hand and run towards me.

"Hi" she cutely says as she takes a seat on the other side of me.

"Hi" I reply back.

Ava walks past me and growls. I soon hear Hunter growl right after. She goes to sit as far as she can from me.

"Hey Shayla" Josh walks in and sits by Nova and I give an hello back.

Navia and Robert walk in and takes a seat at the ends of the table. Everyone looks to Hunter.

"Dig in "  he says and everyone grabs their bowl and grab big portions of the Jambalaya and I get mine. I quickly see the Jambalaya disappearing and I hear moaning and people saying "this is really good" My face heats up knowing others like my food.

Hunter leans towards me and whispers " it's really good babe " he smiles with a mouth full and I give a smile back that reaches my eyes.

Dinner was soon done and I started to help clean up the kitchen.

"Let's go babe " Hunter comes into the kitchen and says.

"I can't I'm helping your mom"

" Oh that's okay, you can go sweetie" I hear Navia yell from the dining room.

"You sure?" I lightly yell back.

"Yes" she laughs.

Hunter walks to me and grabs my hand and intertwine our fingers as we walk out the front door.

We started walking back to his house.

" I love you " I tell him as I feel my face heat up.

" I love you " Hunter smiles brightly that I swear I needed sunglasses.

" It's dark" I say as I look up at the sky.

Hunter looks up too, " yea let's get there quickly"