A very perculiar water wand

Soon after meeting the wizards, the demigods headed over to Olivanders to try and get some wands for their year at Hogwarts.

Annabeth had volunteered to go first and after a couple of wands found the one for her, hawthorn with a unicorn tail hair. Next was Piper, who got a cypress wand with a dragon heart string core.

Next was Hazel, who when she came up to Olivander, he seemed to have an epiphany. "I know exactly the wand for you, it is very rare and a gift from Gregorovitch," he then went behind the counter and pulled out a box "this wand is made from the yew tree but has a coral centre, these are very rare indeed and I have only given a few out in my many years," Olivander pulled out the wand and passed it to hazel who took it carefully in her hand, having learnt from the mistakes of her friends and gave the wand a small flick. The room seemed to begin to glow and it seemed to turn everything gold. "Perfect, be careful with that wand, my dear, in the wrong hands it could be deadly."

Leo was after and was given a rosewood with a dragon heart string, Frank, a vine with a phoenix feather.

Thalia came after Frank and Olivander pulled another box from under the counter. "These wands are very rare, I've only seen one in my time, and the core is a Veela hair. Veela are semi-human magical beings; beautiful women with white-gold hair and skin that appears to shine moon-bright and the wood is a special pine, now take it and we will see if it fits you as I feel it will." So Thalia took it from the wand maker and swished I in her hand there was a sudden gust of wind and the room seemed to become immersed in moon light. "Fantastic."

Following Thalia, Jason stepped up, "ah, another interesting one." The man reached to the top shelf to reach Jason's wand " This core was given to me by a Shikoba Wolfe, an American wand maker, the core is thunderbird tail feather, I have never given this to any wizard or witch from England, so I suppose it makes sense to give it to an American. The wood is from a walnut tree."

After Jason had confirmed that the wand was meant from him, Grover stood, with the help of his crutches and walked to Olivander. Grover received a unicorn tail hair core with cherry wood; Clarisse was given a cedar wand with a dragon heartstring core.

Nico was the next of the group, "this is the most surprising wand I have ever received, the only other I have seen with a Thestral hair was the elder wand. Here, take it, it has chosen you." He passed the wand over to a confused Nico who took it tenderly and with a small smile sat back with the other demigods.

The Stolls were given twin' wands that had two phoenix feathers from the same bird, however Travis had mahogany wood and Connor got willow.

The last was Percy who seemed reluctant to step forward. Olivander looked almost surprised after he fetched the wand for the son of Poseidon. "This wand, it was made by my father, only weeks before he died, take good care of it, it will serve you well."

Percy picked up the wand and then there was a small train of water being expelled from Percy's wand.

"It's made from a rare core that has not been used since my father's death, nearly 70 years ago, kelpie hair and a wood that the famous Harry Potter had for his first wand, holly."

"I don't think this is mine, it seems too powerful for someone like me." Percy said with a sigh.

"Don't forget, the wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Jackson." And with that the wand maker took the money and left the demigod pondering. It wasn't until much later on after the group had finished their shopping, bought their robes and gone back to the Leakey Cauldron, when Percy was fiddling with his wand did he realise.

"I never told Olivander my surname!"

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Hey guys that was diagonal alley hope you like it. BTW I have pre written a load of chapters so I will update once or twice a week if you are lucky!

Luv ya

Sushi