That was a weird sorting ceremony

Once the groups arrived at the castle, the headmistress, professor McGonagall, addressed the first years and the Americans.

"As you may know, you are going to be sorted now into your houses for your time here at Hogwarts. There are 4 houses, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor and Slytherin, you will be called up one by one to sit on the stool and be sorted appropriately. The first years will go first and the exchanges from Ilvermorny will be after them, good luck!"

So they opened the grand doors and the hundreds of students went silent looking at the group, as they walked past the students people were whispering "why are there people who aren't first years?" and "who are they?" but as they walked past harry and his friends, who just smiled at them, the group felt ok.

The first years were sorted and it was the new groups turn, "as many of you will have noticed there is a group of people who are to be sorted even though they are not first years, this is because the school, Ilvermorny, have decided that we should develop our bonds with them so have sent 13 of their best students to attend the school. Now, Chase, Annabeth!"

Annabeth waked up and the hat was placed on her head after a few minutes it screamed "Ravenclaw!".

"Di Angelo, Nico" He walked up and put the hat on after what was at least 10 minutes it finally shouted "Slytherin, get me off of him!"

"Grace, Jason" he walked up and many of the students could hear lightning crackle in the background. Anyway, when the hat was placed it took next to no time for it to call out "Gryffindor!"

"Gr-"

"It's Thalia, just Thalia!" Thalia shouted and all of the Americans seem like they expected it! However, it shut up most of us from Hogwarts.

"Ok, Thalia please come up to the hat" so Thalia walked up and the hat was placed on her head and as it touched her head it shouted "Gryffindor!"

"Umm, there is one more" the hat groaned "Jackson, Perseus" everyone laughed at his name, although there were quite a few curious glances thrown in different directions.

"Please just call me Percy!" he exclaim, probably annoyed at the whole situation.

When the hat was hovering at least a foot above his head it shouted "DO NOT PUT ME ON HIS HEAD HE IS GRYFFINDOR NOW LET ME GO NOW!"

"La Rue, Clarisse," Clarisse went to sit down and the hat was placed down for only a second before it was declared "Slytherin!"

"Levesque, Hazel" she walked up and the hat was placed on her head. After what looked like a mind battle it finally screeched "Hufflepuff!"

"McClean, Piper" she walked up, sat down and was sorted into "Gryffindor!"

"Stoll, Connor" he went up and it was on his head for a minute then once again, screamed "Gryffindor!"

"Stoll, Travis" the hat screeched "Gryffindor!" in less time than the last.

"Underwood, Grover" the man with the crutches hobbled up and took his seat, "Hufflepuff!" he smiled and went to join Hazel.

"Valdez, Leo" he sauntered p to the stool and was sorted into "Ravenclaw!" so went and sat with Annabeth at their table.

"And finally, Zhang, Frank" the shape shifter sat down and was placed in "Hufflepuff!"

"As there is only a few exchange students and they are only in 4th and 7th years, they will be attending their classes together with whomever is taking those lessons as part of  their N.E.W.Ts in 7th year and they will go around with Slytherin in 4th year. Now let the Feast begin!"

Everyone in the halls began chatting ranging from what they did over the summer, the things they were most looking forward to that year, and of course, the exchange students.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{

Hey guys thanks for reading this was the sorting hat chapter make sure to vote, comment any improvements and follow me.

With regards to the N.E.W.Ts, I don't know who's taken what so I guess there will be a weird mix of people in each class!

Luv ya

Sushi