Chapter 37

Deanna's POV

I woke up feeling a bit dizzy. I fixed my hair and headed to take a shower first. After fixing myself I went to the dining area to prepare my breakfast. Damn my head still hurt, damn those alcohol. I tried to remember what happened and boom! I remember everything. And it feels really good to wake up especially knowing that they are okay now. And it feels good to be totally free. But then again my smile faded when I remember something or should I say someone. Damnnnn! I immediately run out to my unit and enter to Jema's unit. I didn't even text her last night. Wahhhhhhh. Upon opening her unit, I looked around the living room but she's nowhere to be found. I entered her room and search her there but no Jema. I checked out the bathroom, no signs of Jema. So lastly I checked out the dining area and there she is, sleeping peacefully. She's seating on a chair and stooping at the table. I felt a pang in my heart. Damn Deanna, you're such a stupid! I walk towards her and I have notice the foods that she might cooked last night. It was covered tho. I'm guilty, really I am. I lift her up carefully, bridal style. She's awaken by the motion but she closed her eyes again. She put her arms around my neck and put her head at my shoulder, sniffing my scent. I walk carefully towards her room and lay her down there. She's still sleeping I guess cause her eyes are still close. I was about to stand but she held my hand and pull me. I ended up lying beside her. Damn I miss her.

Jema: Let's sleep first baby pleaseee.
Me: Okay baby, I'll be here by your side.

I kissed her forehead, and start to stroke her hair that made her go back to sleep. I took a deep breath.

Hays I'm sorry baby, I'm really sorry. I'll say it to you soon. I'm going to tell you everything. I love you so much.

I examine every detail of her beautiful face. And realized that I'm so blessed and lucky to have this girl. Another pang I felt in my heart when I remember my stupidity last night. I nearly beg him to give us another shot but I'm glad he didn't take advantage of my stupidity. So we decided to stay as friends and we're happy with that.

I almost lost you baby, I'm really sorry.

Jema's POV

I woke up feeling something heavy on my waist. How did I get here? Hmm I tried to move but a hand tightened the hug on my waist. I remembered my dream, I saw Deanna, she's carry me and...and it was not a dream. She's here, peacefully sleeping beside me. I smiled bitterly, as I trace her eyebrows with my finger, down to her nose, to her lips and then traveling to her cheek. I carefully caress her face. But then my heart suddenly ached. I'm having this thought that Deanna is hiding something from me.

Flashback

I'm done cooking, I prepared the table then grab my phone to call Deanna if where she is right now. It's nearly 8:00 o'clock in the evening now, and I know her dismissal today is 4:00 pm in the afternoon.

Hmm maybe she just went walk around.

I thought to myself. After just a second she picked up the call. Aww that fast haha.

I was about to talk but then I was taken aback when she shouted.

Deanna: GO HERE NOW MR. RIVERO!!!OR ELS-----toottt toott toot

What! I heard it right? Loud and clear! She thought I'm Ricci.

I dropped the call just by hearing that. It feels like my heart drop and shattered into little tiny pieces. I feel numb all of a sudden and my hands starts to tremble. I reach for the chair and sat there before breaking down. And just after that my tears starts to fall.

End of Flashback

And now, she's sleeping peacefully beside me. A tear escape from my eyes and I immediately wipe it away. I looked at her face again. And questions are starting to swallow my mind.