Chapter 3

I stepped back and put my hand on the hilt of my sword. The man in red, white, and blue stepped closer.

" Give it up Bandit." He ordered.

I smirked and ran and jumped over them.

Then, running towards a building, I disappeared , appearing again on the top of a building.

I stifled a laugh watching them search frantically for me from below, when suddenly it hit me. Jake. I jumped to another building peering towards the truck which was empty. Jake was tied up next to a guard who was watching his every move.

I groaned inwardly ." Jake." I whispered sadly." Hey it's all right . Your going where he's going."

I whipped around only to be face to face with Spider-Man. Holy. Ship.

I stepped back closer to the edge." Hey come on let's go." He said and reached out to grab my arm.

" You think it's going to be that easy." I snorted pulling my arm back. He shrugged." Actually....... Yes." He shot out his webs and I was stuck. He grabbed me and swung down to the so called 'heroes'.

".I thought the avengers were the good guys?" I snorted tilting my head to the side.

." We are. Your just the bad guys." The woman smirked crossing her arms over her chest. I snarled at her behind the mask as I was pushed into a car next to jake.

." Im sorry I let you down." He said sadly. I turned to him." Hey it's not your fault. It's mine . I didn't do a perimeter check." He smiled weakly." I thought I told you not to get caught." I laughed dryly

." Oh. This ain't over yet."

He sat up eagerly as I froze the webs and broke out of them.

I pulled out my whip and slashed at the window , the glass breaking.

I jumped out and rolled safely onto the sidewalk, jake following seconds later.

We ran down the sidewalk , and as soon as we did, the car screeched to a halt and went in reverse.

We turned the corner, thought to be safe, but in result we were surrounded by SUVs.

Out of all the vehicles , men came out with guns pointed to our hearts.

" jake. Listen to me. When I give the signal, take my hand, an ill teleport us out of here."

I whispered so only he could hear.

I felt him nod as a man in sunglasses and a suit walked towards us.

" there's no use running. We'll just catch you again." He snarled ." Oh. We'll find a way." Jake growled ." She's escaped jail over fifty times."

The man raised an eyebrow." And I assume you've aided her every time ?"

" hell yes . But we really should be going." I said quickly and I felt the warmth of jakes hand in mine as I closed my eyes picturing the house.

But it didn't work. I opened my eyes and shrugged." Plan B then." I said and pulled out my gun, shooting three of their men. I tossed jake a gun and I pulled my whip out, flicking my hand, making it covered in ice.

In minutes all their men were dead. I pulled jake down the street in a mad scramble for freedom.

I heard a gun click ." Nat don't do it." A man pleaded." I have to she's pissing me off." The woman argued.

It was all in slow motion after that. I spun around hearing it click, as a blue of brown hair flew in front of me.

I snapped out of my trance and gasped seeing jake on the ground in a pool of his own blood.

I kneeled beside him rolling him over carefully. His eyes were closed.

I looked up in rage t those who shot him and stood pulling my whip and sword out.

I slammed the together , making a bright light of blue and green, as the seven were pushed back.

One man jumped out of the way but I ignored it, picking up jake carefully and ran down the street.

I felt a sting in my neck , as the world went blurry .

I fell into the darkness while still holding jakes cold lifeless hand in mine.