Chapter 15

(A/N) I just wanna take a minute and say a few things. Id like to say thank you to two people but first I gotta say that this book is slowly coming to an end:( but .................there will be a sequel!!

And without farther ado....chapter 15 which is dedicated to @Nashoba and @Mrsrogers5 for voting for my story! So thank you guys!

---------------------------------------------------------

" so what exactly is happening ?" I asked as they pushed me farther down the street to where the jet was parked.

" well, long story short. There's this glowing orangey red guy that looks like a demon and he attacked the helicarrier. Seem familiar?" Peter asks.

I froze in my tracks, turning to look at him." Actually , yes. That's....my boss." I sighed and they stared at me in disbelief as we boarded the jet, it flying off to its destination.

" your boss?" Tony chocked out as his eyes widened and he stepped closer to me.

" well .....ex-boss. I don't work for him anymore and probably the reason he is destroying your ship is cause of me. And I should probably go hide isolated in my room again until you guys forgive me." I sighed throwing my feet onto the seat beside me, resting my head on the wall.

" we're not blaming you again Zoe. We're just asking. And speaking of isolating yourself, are you feeling alright?" Steve asked me and I nodded.

" but your blue, thin, shivering and you look beat." He tried but I shook my head.

" I'll be fine Rogers I just need food and sleep but the blue and shivering are normal, besides I was built for the cold. It doesn't bother me." He was unsure but I waved it off.

" Nick!" Natasha gaped, rushing over to where he lay . Fury was face down in the crashed window , his arms underneath his body, supporting himself from farther damage. With a closer look we could already tell he was unconscious.

" get him to the medical wing. The rest of us will go find this guy and stop him." Steve ordered and she nodded , hoisting fury over her shoulder and dragging his body towards the infirmary.

" this way." I spoke softly as I started out the door, following the strange , humongous , burnt, foot prints towards wherever he was.

We took a left, then a right, then another right until our heads snapped up to see him standing in the midst of all the chaos, a agent in his hands. He was burning his throat.

His head turned in 360 degrees to us and smirked devilishly.

" Zoe Barton." He greeted , dropping the man and walking slowly towards me.

" what do you want?" I asked fearlessly, clutching the sword tightly in my hand.

" nothing my dear, just came to make sure you weren't dying any time soon."

I narrowed my eyebrows." What. So you could kill me yourself?" I asked and he laughed, throwing his head back.

" no my dear. I would never kill you, for if you died. I die."

" is that metaphorically or for real?" I asked. This was weird.

" real. If you are killed. I die instantly as well."

I shrugged." Let's see if its the other way around."

Grabbing my sword, I swung it into his stomach. But all it did was fall through his body , and fall to the ground.

He glared at me and suddenly before I knew what was happening I was against the wall with his hand on my neck.

I was at least three feet off the ground .