Chapter 8

It's been a week since the incident and I have healed, greatly. But I can't stop the searing pain inside of me. I did some thinking recently and I know it's a incredibly stupid idea but I haven't had any crime action for a while and I would really like to rob a bank again. Slipping on my suit I walked out the door and out the door. I rounded the corner in the dead of night to see a gun to my head and SUVs driving into a circle around me.

I held up my hands and smirked as the avengers got out." You know I'll just disappear again." They smirked and gestured to a man." That's why we made sure you didn't get away." Natasha smirked as Loki was brought out. I stared at him with disbelief." I thought you were on my side?" I growled at him as he hung his head shamefully." Why did you do this? Why are your stopping my brain from functioning and letting me escape?"

I asked frantically." Because I forced him to." Director fury. Great. He walked out of a van with a gun aimed at Loki's head. I sighed and started to run away but I felt a sting in my neck and as I fell I saw them crowd around me with malicious smiles as the world went dark.

I awoke chained to a wall with my hand up above me. The door burst open an four men walked through. They looked to be SHIELD agents. " did fury send you?" I spat. They shook their heads." Oh course not. We're deliberately disobeying his rules. We're not supposed to be touching you." The third smirked and then started to whip and slash and stab me , constantly as I bit my lip hoping it would just all go away.

STEVE'S POV

" fury! Are you aware that your agents are harming her and stabbing her?" I yelled barging into fury's office. He stood up and looked at me with disbelief." What? I never authorized them to do that!" He snapped his fingers and he got two of his agent to check on him. Fine he won't go himself. Ill just go myself.

ZOE'S POV

I shook my head over an over again trying to get the horrible pain out of my head. They then brought out the knife and the man stabbed it brutally into my stomach before dragging it down father so that there was a gash the size of my stomach dripping buckets of blood onto the floor. I started to feel dizzy and the world started to go blurry. Suddenly I heard noises outside an the door burst open.

The person who came in ran up to me and unchained me. He hoisted me up over his shoulder and jumped out the window with me on his back. I couldn't see clearly, all I saw was red.

Finally we touched the ground and only then could I see my rescuer." Jake?" I whispered an he nodded slowly trying to put pressure on my wound." You came back. Why?"

I rasped out and he smiled." I couldn't stand leaving my best friend behind." I smiled weakly and coughed up blood suddenly." Oh God no come on Zoe stay with me."

He whispered shaking me slightly." No. Let me be." I whispered quietly. " I can't your my best friend I-" " Zoe!" A voice rang out. I lifted my head up slightly to see Clint, and the rest of the avengers running up to me and jake." Jake stood defensively In front of me.

But Steve stood his ground and glared down at him." Zoe . Oh no. Please come with us." Steve urged and jake and I looked to each other." But what about fury? The others? They hate us." Jake said quietly. Loki shook his head." They'll learn to like you. We convinced fury to let you guys stay. With everything that's going on, we need some extra help." We exchanged glances quickly and had a silent discussion.

." Fine. Just she needs medical attention. Please." Jake said quickly and Steve nodded to the others and told them to get the jet. He picked me up carefully bridal style and jogged quickly to the jet where he sat me down on his lap for the rest of the ride.