Chapter 10

Two weeks into my ' house arrest' and I am as bored as hell. I've escaped twice since I was told to stay, and geez , Steve has been seriously, so overprotective. Me and Clint have gotten closer, he's taught me archery ever since I've healed. Everyone else is fine, I've gotten closer to everyone, but Natasha is another story. She has beat me up every chance she's gotten, and every time someone asks where I got the bruises or cuts, I say I was being my regular dangerous self. So far they've fallen for it.

I slipped on my leather jacket and grabbed my motorcycle helmet. Lacing up my converse, I shot up at the sound of a knock. I flicked my hand and the door suddenly locked." Zoe? Are you in there?" Steve called through the door." Ya". I called frantically looking around." Can I come in?" He asked and I coughed uncomfortably and thought of a excuse. " um...I'm...uh....naked!!" I yelled suddenly. I heard him shift uncomfortably. I mentally slapped myself and called out." Come back later, when I'm decent." He cleared his throat." Alright." He said awkwardly. I sighed with relief as I heard footsteps. I grabbed my phone quickly and stuffed it in my pocket, heading towards the window. I flipped the lock and slipped out if the window , standing on the ledge. I held onto my stuff carefully and jumped, feeling the cold air rush against my cheeks. My hair flew up in the air as the earth got closer. I flipped over in the air and looked at the helicarrier. No alarms sounding yet.........yet. As the ground came closer I rolled onto the ground safely, where my motorcycle was waiting. I patted down my short, curly blonde hair and slipped my pitch black helmet on. I sped away towards the city, to the bar. I just needed, with all that's been happening, to I mean drink my problems away, heck it might not work, but it's worth a shot.

The lights of New York City blinded me as I rode almost silently down the seeming less , empty streets. Then out of no where came the sirens, but not any normal police sirens, but SHIELD sirens. Great, caught again. I stopped my ride, stepping off and pulling my helmet off and sighing heavily. I stepped forwards to phill and smirked." Just take me." I sighed over dramatically , holding my hands in front of me. He shook his head softly and sighed." Again? And your on house arrest." I laughed." Oh ya." He sighed and reached out to grab my hands, but I disappeared and appeared again behind him. I poked him on the shoulder." Uh phill, I'm over here.." I smirked and he turned and glared before sticking the handcuffs on and pulling me into the helicopter.

I smiled proudly as I walked into the conference room." Hey guys!" I smiled and waved at them as I sat down in one of the chairs. Clint sighed and sat next to me , and I could tell he was fighting the urge to slap me. " again?" He asked and I nodded ." Yes, again." He shook his head and cleared his throat as fury came in." Come back when your decent eh, Zoe?" Steve glared coming in and leaning against the table." What can I say?" I shrugged." I am the Bandit. I do what I'm good at." I patted him on the shoulder and he rolled his eyes as fury glared with his one eye, towards me.

" Miss Barton!" He yelled coming up to my face." This has gone on for too long!" He spat." I can't deal with you anymore. I don't want you in my sight anymore, you are leaving the helicarrier tonight!" He shouted and I laughed." Alright, fine by me." I stood and headed towards my room.

" Zoe how could you do this?" Clint asked as he followed me towards my room, the others following. " you were on house arrest." Steve pestered as I stuffed my bag full with my stuff." House arrest my ass." I grumbled, swinging my duffel bag over my shoulder and heading towards the door." Now you've really done it! Ok, you always mess everything up! What are we going to do with you? You are so immature and ...and....stupid!" Steve yelled and I felt tears pooling in my eyes, but I pushed them back turning my back on him quickly." How could your parents even stand you?" He yelled. That did it. I turned to him and glared." Here's the thing Steve? They didn't , they gave me up when I was six, they hated me, they were scared of me, I was the unlucky child, at the age of six, barely in school, they sent me off to a foster home.THE ONLY REASON WHY I AM HERE TODAY IS BECAUSE OF MY PARENTS! THEY REJECTED ME THEY HATED ME , THEY MADE ME WHO I AM TODAY! A MONSTER!! So you are right Steve, everything you said is true, I am stupid, I am immature, I am nothing like you, and If that is what you expect me to be, then you are mistaken." I spat and stomped down the hall towards the helicopter pad. I heard him running after me." Wait, Zoe I'm sorry, I didn't mean it." I whipped around, tears threatening to spill." You broke down my walls, that I spent years trying to rebuild after my parents left. So don't you dare tell me that you are sorry!" I growled and slapped him with such force that he fell to the floor, clutching his cheek.

I stepped into the helicopter gingerly, falling into the seat and resting my head against the wall as I tried desperately to keep the tears inside. " well that went well. " A voice called form the front seat. I shot up growled." What do you want? If you want to hurt me, go ahead , I don't think anything will hurt me even more than I am now." I sighed crossing my arms over my chest and resting again as the contraption took off." You know I heard what you said , and now I feel sorry for whatever I've put you through." I raised an eyebrow." For real nat?" I asked going to the front and sitting next to her." Ya, I know how you feel, and ya know I..I'm here for you, and if you ever need to talk, here's my number, ill be around three times a week. Um fury has an apartment for you, just in case, and here's the keys, good luck ." She smiled and handed me the silver keys. I clutched them in my hand and quickly hugged her. This caught her by surprise but she smiled softly." I was wrong about you nat." I smiled and she grinned ." And I you Zoe, good luck, ill be by tomorrow." I nodded and stepped off the helicopter , towards the tall apartment building ahead of me . I waved quickly as she disappeared begin the sky's again.

I turned around and gaped at the size of the apartment building. It was twenty stories high . I walked to the door and minutes later I was in the elevator awaiting my stop. When it beeped I stepped out , and as the doors slid behind me I smiled as I saw the door. Unlocking the door, I slid in and flipped the light switch. The lights illuminated the kitchen table that was thirty feet in front of me and showed the reflection of it in the wall sized window. I stepped in closer and saw that the dining room connected to the kitchen with black and silver appliances and a grey marble island. On the left of the dining room there was a door that opened up to the living room with two big grey leather sofas and a grey chair with a flat screen tv stuck to the wall in front of it. Stepping out of there I wandered down the black painted walls in the hallway to the first door. A closet. I shut the door and ventured further to the next door. It was a bedroom, a guest bedroom to be exact. I didn't care so much for that so I turned to the door on the other side of the hall. A master bedroom with royal blue curtains in front of a window that looked out over New York. The king sized bed had blue and black bed sheets and there was a black rug down beneath the foot of the bed. There was an on-suite bathroom down to the other side of the room and had more blue and black furniture. And finally a large , humongous , walk-in closet. I sighed contentedly and plopped myself on the bed. Jumping up at the sound of the door I bumped my head off of the post. I stood and pulled myself to the door not thinking as the mysterious hooded figure stood in front of me, the only skin that was showing was letting off a reddish orange glow. " yes?" I asked hesitantly , putting my hand behind my back , making ice appear in my hand." Good Zoe Barton? You work for me with jake. Do you have the payment?" I sighed in relief and shook my head." No sir SHIELD got in our way and we couldn't take it, but jake and I will get it back ." I lied avoiding contact with his eyes." Where is jake?" He asked in a deep gruff voice. I lied again." I sent him out to get something for me." I shrugged and he nodded, half believing me." Alright." He nodded his head and suddenly disappeared. I stared at him with shock and suddenly thought.

Something tells me this isn't your regular boss.