Chapter Eleven

Mystic Falls

It has been a week after the kiss of Rapunzel and Klaus. They had been sneaking around, going on dates and remembering the past. Rapunzel knew how the boys would react to their relationship. She didn't want to lose them, but she couldn't lose Nik again. She had just given herself to him. They made love underneath the moonlight.

Rapunzel is walking the streets as she feels a sharp pain in her heart. 

"Nik." She whispered. Panic erupted in her as she quickly made her way into the Mikaelson household. On the floor laid Klaus, still and unable to move. He looked at her as she began to cry. 

"I'm sorry Rapunzel." She heard Damon's voice. Her eyes flashed to him. "You- you did this." She stuttered, hurt. "We had to. He was draining Elena of her blood." He explained.

"Of course. Elena. Everything comes down to her doesn't it." She spat, a newfound anger erupting in her veins. "Zel why do you even care?" Rapunzel's hair began to glow and float, her eyes turned bright. "I loved him!" She cried. They all looked stunned. "Get out!" She screamed, light rays radiating from her. Both Stefan and Damon cried out in pain, it burning their skin. They rushed out of the room with Klaus's body, making the anger spark more inside of Rapunzel.

***

Watching her love be enveloped in flames was a pain she didn't wish upon anyone. She laid next to the coffin, staring into oblivion, unable to move. Damon sat beside her, repeatably telling her how sorry he was. But she didn't hear any of it. All she could hear were the endless flames and her screams echoed on repeat. She got up, not looking back at the burnt body of Niklaus Mikaelson nor the raven haired vampire on the floor. When she exited those doors, she let go of the naive girl she was. 

***

Rapunzel left Mystic Falls after the death of her beloved. She decided on settling in New Orleans, Louisiana. It was her new favorite place. The vibrant colors, the jazz, the alcohol. It was perfect, especially for grieving. Rapunzel danced on the bar as she drank the bottle of vodka. She was drowning her sorrows in booze, research on her family, and new found friends. 

"Okay Z, time to go home." Marcel's voice sounded out. "Bu-ut I d-don't w-w-wanna" She slurred. Marcel looked out for her. She was like his little sister. Rapunzel fell backwards off the bar, causing Marcel to quickly catch her. He let out a sigh as he looked down at the girl. He carried her back to their home, placing her in her bed, tucking her in and kissing her forehead. He didn't know what happened to make her this way, but he assumed it was either grief or a bad breakup. He wasn't wrong.

***

It's been a month and Rapunzel quit drinking, and only for one reason alone. She was pregnant. She didn't know how it was possible. The only person she had ever slept with a Nik and he was a vampire. She raked her brain for any possibilities. She couldn't help but think 'Why me?'. She didn't want to feel anything. She wished she could switch off her emotions like a vampire. She wanted to numb the pain of existence. As she sat on the bed in her small one bedroom apartment, memories clouded her mind-space. The sound of Niklaus' bellowing laugh filled her ears as she recalled the time she slipped and fell into the pond from the canoe they had taken. Her dress and once miles long hair was drenched as she screeched at the feeling of the cold water.

"Hey Z." a small voice sounds, causing Rapunzel to look up to see Davina Claire; a young girl with a lot on her plate. She sat next to her on the bed as Rapunzel ran a finger along the stem of her journal.

"I think I'm going to go on a walk.." She whispers as she got up and walked out of her apartment, leaving behind the young witch. As she walked the dark streets of New Orleans, her eyes trained on the stars as they sparkled down upon her. Tears filled her eyes as she thought of her beloved Nik. Her hand roamed and landed upon her stomach as she thought of the life inside of her. 'Was there an afterlife?' She thought to herself, silently hoping that the answer was yes, because that would mean him and her would be together again. As she was distracted by the twinkling stars, witches began to chant, knocking the pregnant demi-goddess unconscious.