Chapter Sixteen

Rapunzel stormed into the home of the Mikaelson's, her little baby bump showing through her flowy dress. Her eyes flashed gold as anger filled her veins. 

"Niklaus!" Rapunzel roared. Out came both Rebekah and Nik, both shocked at the sudden appearance of the missing girl. "Rapunzel-" Niklaus went to speak but was thrown against the wall with a sudden force. Rapunzel stood in front of the man she held dear as he was pressed against the wall with a force unknown. She didn't question her newfound abilities, only wanting to get answers. "Why'd you do it?" She screamed, tears filling her now blue eyes. "I lied to protect you." He spoke, thinking she was talking about the night she left. 

"Not that, you imbecile! Why did you kill Elijah! He has done everything for you! And for what? For you to murder him in cold blood and lock him away as if nothing happened?!" She cried, golden tears falling from her eyes. He went to speak but Rapunzel screams a strong "Silence!" as she threw him across the court area, him roughly hitting the concrete. Rebekah stood in silence as she watched the events unravel with amazement at the demi-goddesses power. Rapunzel angrily walked up to him, a look of death himself on her face. 

"All he's ever wanted to do is to protect and provide for you! He loved you so god damn much! A love of a brother, the same love he provided toward me." She spoke, a tear slipping down her cheek. 

"Rapunzel, love. Elijah isn't dead." Niklaus spoke, out of breath. 

"What? I saw him with my own eyes, Niklaus. Why must you continue to lie!" She spoke with hurt clear in her voice. 

"As much as I hate to admit, my brother isn't lying, flower." Rebekah spoke from the sidelines. 

"What?" Rapunzel questioned. 

"Us Originals are unique. We can be daggered, well all but Nik. It's like being put asleep or being in a coma. Much like you were when the curse was placed upon you. Once the dagger is pulled from our chest, we reawaken. With some blood and a shower, we become good as new." Rebekah explained to the shorter girl. An 'o' shape began to form upon her lips, taking in the new information. 

"Now, I am so gracious that I'll accept an apology-" Niklaus began but was thrown back on the floor as the demi-goddess sent a harsh glare his way.

"You will get nothing of the such. You still hurt me the day I left. Things aren't going to poof back to normal like the day before I left Mystic Falls. I love you, Niklaus Mikaelson..." She paused but continued when she saw him stand and take a step towards her with a smile. "...but I can't forgive you. Not yet- at least. You broke me. Like I was a porcelain doll and you were a careless boy, not caring that I was fragile." She spoke bravely with her head held high, even though her voice wavered with emotion.  

"Rapunzel, everything I said was to protect you. Elijah filled me in. It is possible the child is mine since my werewolf side has been awakened." He spoke, smiling at the fact a little hybrid would be running around.

"Niklaus, I have never slept with anyone other than you, but yet you accuse me of such an affair! I love you!" She yelled. 

"And I you, mon Soleil. But you thought I was dead. I wouldn't blame you if-" He was soon cut off by Rapunzel yet again.

"My heart is only yours. I would never sleep with another." She whispered before getting lightheaded. 

"I don't feel so well.." She spoke softly before fainting, causing both originals to speed over to the now unconscious girl. Klaus picked her up gently before leading her into a guest room. 

*** 

As Rapunzel slept soundly in her newfound bed, Klaus now sat in an empty room after sitting next to his love for hours. Rebekah walked up behind him silently, but that didn't change the fact that he knew she was there. 

"I'd like to make this a nursery." He spoke gently as he sat on the floor with his head against the wall. Rebekah joined him on the floor, resting her head on her older brother's shoulder.

"I'm not happy about the Elijah situation, but I am happy for you brother." She spoke truthfully. 

"I know, sister. I will fix this. For this family." He replied, his eyes wandering the room. 

"Would you like to decorate your future niece's or nephew's room?" Klaus asked his sister, causing her to perk up. 

"I'm on it." She smiled before rushing away, leaving Niklaus to think in peace.

I updated finally. I'm sorry, I've just been so occupied with my senior year and filling out college applications. It's such a confusing process. I'll hopefully update sooner next time.