Chapter Nineteen

Rapunzel was nearing her due date. Her belly was rather large and she waddled when she walked. Damon and Stefan checked in every now and then to call and make sure she and the baby were alright. And they were. She was truly happy. Her brothers and father returned home to the sun, so it was just her, Nik, Elijah and Rebekah. She had been thinking of Kol a lot recently, missing him tremendously. She hated Elena because of his death. Without Kol, their family didn't seem whole. It saddened Rapunzel immensely. She often thought about him, he was her best friend many lifetimes ago. Now, she lays unsteady with Nik sleeping soundly by her side. 

Rapunzel's Dream

Rapunzel was somewhere dark and unwelcoming. She screamed for Niklaus to get her out.  

"Nik! Where are you Nik?!" Her voice echoed into the endless darkness.

"Don't worry Darling. You're safe here." She turned to see Kol emerging from the darkness.

"Hello, Zelly." 

"Kol!" She rushed into his arms, letting out a heart-wrenching sob. 

"This can't be! You're d-dead." She spoke, confused. She placed her hand on his face, making him lean into it. They always felt a bond. They were like brother and sister. Kol was always cold, but around her, he felt alive again. He enjoyed that.

"How is this happening? Did I die?" She asked innocently, her green doe eyes looking up at him.

"No, you're very much alive. And pregnant!" He cheered. "I came to warn you." His voice became grave. 

"Warn me of what Kol?" She asked him, worried for her baby more than herself.

"My mother. She's trying to take your baby. She'll do anything. Including contacting your mother." The darkroom began to shake. 

"She's here. You need to wake up Rapunzel. Rapunzel wake up!"

End of Dream

"Rapunzel, wake up!" Rapunzel jolted awake, breathing heavily. Sweat covered her face as she panted as if she had just run a marathon. 

"Are you alright, love?" Klaus spoke softly, brushing her wet hair out of her face.

"O-our baby." She held her bump protectively. 

"What's wrong? Are you going into labor?" He panicked. 

"No. I had a dream. But it felt so real..." She said, confused.

"What was it?"

"Kol. Kol was there." She smiled and so did he, but her face filled with despair. 

"There's something more, isn't there?" He questioned. She nodded, swallowing her saliva. 

"He told me our mothers are coming. And they want our baby."

***

"It was just a dream, Rapunzel." Rebekah spoke as she filed her nails. 

"I don't care, I still want the baby checked on." She said as she put on her jacket.

"Then I'll take you." She got up, walking over to the girl. They headed towards the graveyard where they were to meet Sofie. They set up the ultrasound and she rubbed it on her stomach. 

"Oh my god."

"What?! What is it? Is my baby alright?" Rapunzel panicked.

"Your babies are fine." Sofie quickly replied.

"Babies?" Rebekah questioned. 

"Twins. Boy and a girl." She said as she showed them the picture. It was clear as day. Two babies. 

"Thank you." They left and Rebekah was going haywire about it being two babies.

"It doesn't surprise me. It runs in my family." She spoke softly as she rubbed her stomach gingerly. 

"I'm happy for you and Nik." She smiled down at the smaller blonde. "Thank you, Rebekah."

"Niklaus Mikaelson, get your ass down here!" Rebekah yelled once they had entered their home. Nik sped his way down to where they were.

"Where have you two been? I've been worried sick!" He yelled, running his hand through his curls. 

"I wanted to make sure our child was alright. Rebekah offered to take me." Rapunzel defended. 

"So, how is our son?" He spoke with a smirk. 

"Son?" Rapunzel questioned with a giggle. 

"I'm just guessing." He smiled as he kissed her belly bump. 

"Well, you aren't wrong." She smirked, making his eyes enlarge. 

"We're having a boy!" He cheered.

"And a girl." She smiled, causing his smile to drop. 

"We're having twins?" Rapunzel nodded.

"We're having twins!" He cheered and begun talking to her baby bump.

"Hello in there my little children. How are my babies doing? Your mom just informed me there are two of you!" He rambled excitedly. Rapunzel smiled slightly but it didn't stop her mind from thinking about what was to come. Esther and Gothel.