2 | Dine With Us

Word Count : 1080

( Your P.O.V. )

I gave the customer a small smile and went back to the kitchen window to get another order. I know I said that I need a new job and what I meant by that is a job that pays big. This diner, called "Dine With Us", is not enough for myself and for my mom and this place is not popular, only some people go here. To be honest, the food here is good! I don't understand why people don't want to eat here, maybe because the design outside the diner looks cheap and thought that the food is dirty and bad.

I placed the tray on the kitchen window and smiled at Tom who is the chef and keeps on going with the orders, staying focus on his job. My eyes turned to Harrison who is doing the dishes while whistling. There are only two kitchen staffs and we have no problem with it since they are doing good and pretty fast, "Tom, are the orders rea-"

"Done!" He cuts me off and tapped the bell as a cheeky smile appeared on his face, knowing that I don't like getting cut off and gently slide the plates towards me. I playfully rolled my eyes and put them all in my tray. I carefully picked it up and started to head to the table where I need to serve.

The all-male customers turned their heads at me and smirked, these guys seem to have an idea. I gulped and stopped at the end of the table, "Hello, sirs. Here are your orders." I forced a smile and put their food and drinks in front of them, "I hope you enjoy the meal- hey!" I felt a firm hand on my butt and gave it a squeeze.

I quickly slapped the hand away and glared at the man who just shrugged and laughed with his friends, "Come on, baby! Don't pretend that you don't like it." Then he pulled me by the waist and placed me on his lap.

I was about to push him away when someone hit the guy's head and lets me go, quickly walking away from him and see the person who helped me, it's Zendaya, "Would you just mind your business and eat or would you like to get out?"

I sighed in relief as I watched the group of men quiets down but I can still see some of them smirking and think that this is a joke. Zendaya turned around and grabbed my hand, taking me to the kitchen window. Zendaya has been there for me since the first day and I couldn't thank her enough. She always protects me from trouble and when it's too much, the boys will also get involve and I felt safe when I'm with them. Ever since I told them about what happened to my parents, I became their precious little potato.

"Hey, are you alright? Did he hurt you?" She questions and gently tugged a hair behind my ear.

I took a deep breath and nodded, "He just touched my butt... but luckily, they're only a few ones in here because I might get the attention of the..."

Zendaya hushed me, "That doesn't matter, what matters now is if you're alright." She turned to Tom and Harrison who saw the whole thing, "Ey, you alright?" Harrison asked.

I nodded with a small smile and looked at the clock, seeing it's almost time to close the diner, "Don't worry, it's over now and it's time for us to- ow..." Someone flickered my temple, making me look over and it's Danielle. I and Zendaya noticed the few buttons on her shirt are open and we already know why, "Why don't you just admit that you're a slut like me- ouch!"

Zen flickered her forehead and grabbed a slightly wet cloth, "Fuck off, Danielle. We already know you're fucking our boss and so what? It doesn't change anything because you're still a waitress in Dine With Us." She went away and started to clean the tables, leaving all of us mouth agape and in the corner of my eye, I can see Tom and Harrison holding their laugh.

I secretly smiled and decided to clean as well. I turned at the boys, "Do you need any help in there? I can clean the dishes!"

Harrison shakes his head 'No' and gave me a playful wink, "I got everything under control. No need help from a beautiful la- ah shit!" He accidentally hit his hip at the corner of the table and put both hands on the hips, trying to ease the pain by putting pressure on it. I covered my mouth with my hand and was about to ask him when he painfully chuckled and stood straightly, "I-I'm okay, (Y/N)! No worries!"

I just gave him a sympathetic smile and Danielle sighed in boredom, "Alright bitches, I'm going out early. See ya tomorrow, losers!" She removed her apron and head to the bathroom to change her clothes, not even bothering to help us out.

•~•~₩~•~•

"Hey, mom." I quietly said and sat down on a plastic chair beside her. I stared at her still body for a moment, silence taking over the room and the heart monitor is the only one that is making sounds. I gently grabbed her cold hand and caress it with my warm ones, "I know you can't hear me, but I just want to let you know that I'm still trying to find a job that pays big time, but no one seems to accept me. I also do cleaning someone's mess in the house and it helps me a lot. I was able to save one-thousand dollars! Just a few more days and I can finally earn five-hundred more." I sighed with a small smile and my face immediately saddened, the fact that she's still not moving.

"Mom, please wake up..." When I didn't get a response, I started to silently cry and cover my face with my hands, wanting her to be awake and take her home with me again. Then a knock startled me a bit and I quickly wipe my tears away, "W-Who is it?"

The door creaked opened and I turned my head to the direction, "It's Harrison. And it's time for us to go... come on, I'll walk you back home."

I just slowly nodded and stand up, tomorrow is another day of suffering.