Chapter 2 'Bar'

After leaving the classroom, I heard someone shouting my name while running towards me.
     'Hey, Koy! Hey! Koy, Koy, Koyyyyy! Will you please hold on a moment.'
'Oi, hey. Sorry, Star. My mind was someplace else,' which wasn't a lie. I was still thinking about my encounter with that guy, 'anyway, what do you need?'
     'I was wondering if you'd seen Mott lately.'
'Uh, yeah. He was in class with me just a moment ago. Do you need him for something?'
      'Oi, really?! Okay, well can you let him know his girlfriend needs to see him. I am wanting to go out this weekend with some of our friends like we used to do in the past. You're invited too, if you want to join us.'

     I told her I would inform Mott, and that I would think about the offer. She thanked me, and soon left. I wasn't going to refuse right up front, believe it or not, I do like to go out from time to time, but I just hold my studying in high regard. Honestly, I am not quite sure why I study so much. My degree is in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, and it isn't like I need to study my life away to learn it. But, I guess I like studying because it gives me focus and purpose. Anyway after Star left, I headed back towards my dorm hoping the rest of the way would be somewhat uneventful.

     Finally arriving at my room, I went in and threw my books down on my desk before crashing on my bed. A few moments later, Mott walked in talking loudly on his mobile.

'Yeah...yeah....okay, fine. Uh-huh. Got it. Okay I need to go. See you this weekend.' Mott placed is phone down after hanging up with whomever it was on the other line.
       'Who was that?' I asked sitting up on my bed.
'Oh, it was Star. She apparently wants us all to hangout this weekend.'
      'Yeah, she mentioned that to me when she ran into me earlier.'
'I see. I told her I would call her,' Mott shook his head with his face in his palm. 'Anyway, probably going to go out with her and our friends this weekend. I know she probably invited you, but you know the offer is still good. You can't be studying all the time. It's not human.'

      I threw my pillow at him. He laughed while dodging it. 'Hmm, okay. I will go with you. Are you happy?'

   Mott grabbed me by the shoulders and ruffled my hair, 'Great. You're not just a studying machine after all.' I pushed him away from me telling him to shut up.

That Weekend:
      I met up with Mott and Star, and their friends at the local bar near campus. They were already sitting at the table which was filled with half way drunken glasses of various alcohols.
    'Oi, about time you got here, Koy.' Mott said while scooting over to make room for me. 'Mott! Watch it! You nearly bumped myself and Rain(one of Star's friends) right onto the floor,' Star nagged in a tipsy slur. 'My bad, babe,' Mott laughed apologetically.

     I ordered myself a drink while everyone was chattering about upcoming assignments and exams. I really wasn't paying much heed to them. After getting my drink, I looked up from my glass after taking a few sips; I saw a familiar face from across the bar. It was him. That guy who caught me after class earlier in the week. My heart started to race in my chest again; I must have worried Star because she then proceeded to say something to me.
     'Hey, are you alright?'
I nodded and asked her if she knew who that guy was from across the bar.
      'Oh, him. That is Cean. He was voted most popular and handsome among all the girls in the university. He doesn't really talk much, but I heard he opens up to people he likes. I wonder if he has a girlfriend yet-I may have a chance with him,' Star said that last part forgetting for a second she already had a boyfriend. 'Oi, Star! What about me?' Mott pouted. Star pinched his cheek while saying she was kidding.
     'Anyway, Koy why are you so interested in Cean all of a sudden?,' Star asked.
'Just curious that is all,' I replied.

I knew by the look on Star's face she didn't by it, but I wasn't completely sure myself why I wanted to know. I took a couple big sips of my drink letting the alcohol consume me. It didn't take long for the effects to kick in before I was stumbling and trying to find my way to the toilet. I heard Mott ask if I needed any assistance, but I think I waved him off or something.

      I made it to the restroom stumbling to the nearest urinal. For some odd reason, my zipper to my pants was stuck; that or I was too drunk to properly work it. I could feel myself about to pee. Fighting with my pants I heard this gruff voice come from behind me,
      'Need help there, little buddy?'
I shook my head and pushed myself into the urinal trying to protect myself.
      'Come on, don't be shy. It's just us guys,' he said while trying to turn me around. I held my place and told him to leave me alone.
   'Don't play hard to get, sweetheart,' the man forcefully pulled me from the urinal. The sudden jolt made me lose control of my bladder causing me to wet myself a little.
    'Uh oh, did you have an accident? Do you want daddy to help clean you up?'

    I wanted to get away fast from this creep, but he was twice as big as I was and was blocking my way. He pushed me into the nearest stall grabbing me and kissing my neck making awful toad like grunts. I was frightened. Then as soon as he as was about to unzip his pants I heard a loud bang. The man collapsed on the floor in front of me. I looked up and saw that it was Cean that had hit him. He then proceeded to reach out and grab my hand and we began running as fast as we could a way from the bar.