Chapter 11 'Nightmare'

I finally got up and left. My stomach ached from where I was punched, but I forced myself to bear with the pain. The rest of the day I tried my best to avoid Cean, but he either kept calling or messaging me.
     I wanted to tell him everything. I wanted run into his arms and tell him about Queenie, and how scared I was, but I didn't want to risk him getting hurt. I also felt that maybe Queenie was right. Who was I to him? Why was I more important than her in his eyes? They did grow up together, and they had history with one another. Whose to say he didn't have feelings still for her. My head was spinning with all these thoughts. I just wanted to go back to my dorm and lie down for a few.
      I got to my dorm room ready to open the door, when Mott came out and pulled me off to the side,
       'Koy, uh your guy is here. He seems worried, but I had no idea where you were.'

     I sighed and told Mott to tell him to leave. That I didn't want to see him. I hated that I had to put Mott in that position, but I really did not want to see Cean. Not until I could figure things out with us.

     I went and hid around the corner as Mott did what I asked. Cean left. He looked so tired and worn. I wanted more than anything to go and hug him, and to tell him everything will be fine, but I couldn't.

   I entered the room finally. Mott asked what all that was about; I muttered nothing, and laid on my bed pulling my blanket over my hide trying to forget all that happened. I soon drifted off to sleep and started to dream.
        In my dream I was at a beach. It was really warm and sunny. I could feel the warm breeze and smell the ocean. Everything was calm and serene. Then just like storm out at sea my dream turned from something pleasant into a nightmare.

   I was whisked instantly till I was at a wedding ceremony. There were people every where. People I didn't recognize. All these unfamiliar faces made me feel insecure and nervous. They kept staring and whispering as I passed. I was trying my hardest to escape when I heard a familiar voice. I turned my attention towards it.
      'Queenie and I would like to thank everyone for attending our big day. None of this would have been possible if not for your love and support,' Cean toasted while he kissed Queenie on the cheek. I felt my heart breaking in two. I ran up to them trying to make sense of it all.
'Cean what is the meaning of all this?!' Cean looked at me as though I was some stranger.
     'Who are you? Do we know one another?' My heart collapsed in my chest. It was one thing for him to have gotten married, but to have forgotten me was almost too much pain to bear.
  'Cean, it's me Koy. Koy! Remember the one you love. You don't love Queenie!'
        'I don't know or remember any Koy. And how dare you say I don't love her,' Cean pulled Queenie in and kissed her. My eyes swelled with tears. I felt so defeated. I wanted this nightmare to end.

      Cean then ordered some of the venue staff to take me away. I kicked and screamed telling them to let me go. I ran back towards Cean and pulled him into a kiss. I held onto him kissing him while tears fell down my cheeks. He quickly pushed me away and punched me till I hit the ground. I wiped the blood from my nose. He grabbed Queenie's hand and turned back to me and said, 'Don't ever come near us a ever again!' I watched them as they left me on the floor looking at them while they left. The last thing I remember was hearing Mott's voice.
      'Koy, wake up. Wake up, Koy. You are having a bad dream. Come on wake up, buddy.' I woke up with Mott shaken me awake. I must have been crying because I could feel my face was all crusty.
'Sorry if I kept you up all night. I am going to go wash my face.'
      'It's fine. It must have been a really bad dream for you to react that much in your sleep.'
'Mott, it was the worst! I don't want to lose Cean. I am so scared,' I wrapped my arms around Mott and cried into his shoulder. He patted my back lightly.
       'Hey, it's going to be okay. It was just a dream. From what I can see, and this is coming from my point of view is that you and Cean have a deep connection with one another. You both will be fine. Don't worry. Now come on dry those tears you're a man.'
'Thanks, Mott,' I wiped my tears then ased, 'Do you mind if I borrow your scooter for a bit?'
    Mott tossed me his keys,'Sure go ahead.'
I quickly got dressed and cleaned myself up and left the dorm. I needed to see Cean.