18 | Rescue Time

Daniel's Pov

"I'm home." I mumbled, slowly sneaking into the house through the front door. This was totally the worst thing to do when living in someone else's house. It was already past three in the morning and there might be a chance that June might still be awake or not. Luckily, Irene left a spare key for me in case of emergency such as accidentally locking myself out of the house. My eyes glanced from left to right, looking if there was anyone around to avoid getting caught.

"Alright. Just need to sneak back into the room and nothing will happen to me." I whispered to myself. With that, I walked to the guest room with silence as I refused to wake anyone up just because of me sneaking in like a burglar or something. Unfortunately, the world hate me so much by suddenly summoning a loud honk coming from the garage.

"What the?!" I shouted in surprise. I heard footsteps and I quickly ran back to the guest room, shutting the door. I locked it and sighed with relief, realizing I managed to escape from getting a lecture from Mom. Who the hell let out a honk in the middle of the night? That sound came from the garage but from what I know, Jack was already slept in his room. Is it Acree, the one who Irene talked about? She did say there was a motorcycle in the garage, which belongs to him.

"Better continue looking for Irene."

I approached my desk and took a seat before opening my laptop. The radar was still online and didn't had any result on locating her coordinate. "Irene should be already tell someone about her coordinate." I knew Irene since we were in middle school due to his Father's connection with me. Maybe she already informed . . . what was that team's name? Oh yeah, Autobot. They did had some high-tech for them to locate her with ease.

Sighing, I leaned my back against the chair while staring at the plain ceiling. Damn it, I wished I could bring my invention from the lab but that was totally went against the rules if I didn't had a permission from Satoshi Kanzaki a.k.a Irene's grandfather. That old man sure know how to punish his people for breaking a rule. Never went to his bad side unless you want a heavy punishment.

Knock! Knock!

"Who is it?" I asked, didn't give a glance at the door. "It's me, Jack. I bring coffee." I raised an eyebrow with confusion. Why is he still awake? It was already over three in the morning!

Then, I stood up and walked to the door to unlock it. Opening the door, I saw Jack was standing in front of me with a cup of coffee in his hand. "Since when you become nice to bring me a coffee?" I questioned. In response to that, he shrugged his shoulders. "Is it wrong to be nice?" I blinked my eyes and then, slowly nodding my head.

"No . . ."

"You seem busy for the past few night, so here." Jack said, offering the coffee. "Thanks." I smiled, taking the coffee. It was actually a mistake as I took a few gulp from the black coffee. I was about to compliment his skill of making coffee until I suddenly felt dizzy.

"What—" The cup slipped out from my hand, shattering into pieces as soon as it hit the ground. I leaned against the wall, feeling drowsy from whatever he put in my drink. "What did you—" With that, I lost my consciousness in a blink.

※«~~~*****~~~~»※

"Hey, wake up!" Who the hell was that? That voice sound very familiar.