Chapter Four: School

Hey guys! I'm so sorry for long wait. I've been busy with school and a lot of personal stuffs and just haven't had the chance to write anything good. But I'm here now if that's worth anything. Once again I am REALLY sorry. I'll try to update more often if I can. Well anyway, on with the story...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

He walks into the kitchen, his mom putting breakfast on the table. Today was Peter's first day of school, and he was terrified. It's just then that his mother turns around to see the little boy standing in the doorway.

"Come and sit down. You need to hurry up and eat before you're late for school." Peter does as he's asked, the little 6 year old climbing into the kitchen chair. His mother sits across from him, and its unusually quiet. Typically the child would be talking about the dream he had the night before, or whatever else he wanted to talk about. But today he's quiet.

"What's wrong bug? Cat got your tongue?" She asks with a light laugh, trying to brighten the mood.

"I don't wanna go to school mommy. I wanna stay home. With you." He replies.

"Well why would you wanna do that when there's so much you can learn?"

"You can teach me. Can't you? You know everything."

"Not everything. I don't know much about science. But when you go to school, you get to learn all things sciency."

"Really?" Peter asks, a little more excited but still afraid.

"Really."

All too soon breakfast is over and they're standing outside the school, Peter clinging to his mother's side. She crouches down so she's eye level with him.

"Can't you come with me?" The boy asks.

"I'm afraid not bug. But I'll be right here when it's over. You'll be fine Peter. I promise." She gives him a gentle kiss on the forehead before handing him his backpack. "Now go have fun."

Peter follows all the other children into the school, the fear gone knowing that his mom would always be there when he came home...

<><><><><><><><><>

Peter smiles at the distant memory. The same fear that filled him then seems to be taking over now. It had been a month or so after that day in the lab, and they had all decided it was time Peter went back to school. Mr. Stark had offered to home school him, but Ms. Potts had thought it a good idea to send him to a public school, so he could meet some people his age and maybe make new friends.

Peter slings his old backpack over his shoulder before leaving his room. Stark had offered to buy him all new... everything. New backpack, new clothes, new shoes, and anything else you could think of. But Peter said no, choosing his worn out sneakers and plain backpack. When Stark asked why, Peter had said that he didn't need new things and that it was no big deal. But that wasn't the only reason.