Chapter Five: School (Part Two)

Sorry this is so late. But its here now, so I hope you like it. I don't, but maybe you will. Excuse awkward spacing. I'll go back and fix it later.

Peter straightens his glasses and adjusts his bag on his shoulder before walking to his first period class. He tried to ignore the odd looks that were being sent his way.

Honestly Peter just wanted to go back to the tower and hide in his room, but he told Mr. Stark that he didn’t want to be homeschooled and besides, he needed to make a few friends.

The time taken to pick up his schedule that morning had made him more than a few minutes late. The halls were already empty and Peter was about to walk into a classroom full of students he’s never met. Glancing at his schedule one last time, he makes sure he’s at the right classroom. Room 212, Physics.

This is it. His hands shake slightly as he reaches for the door, slowly pushing it open. Whatever discussion the class had been having stops as Peter enters the classroom, and suddenly all eyes are on him.

“Can I help you?” The teacher asks.

“Y-Yes ma’am, I’m Peter Parker. The New student.” Peter stutters.

“Oh, Mr. Parker. Come on in.” The teen steps further into the room and quietly
closes the door behind him. “Why don’t you go ahead and introduce yourself.” Peter nervously runs his hand through his curls as he looks at the room full of students. All of them unfamiliar faces.

“My name i-is Peter Parker. I’m 15 years old.” Peter almost cringes at how thick his accent sounds when he’s nervous. And he isn’t the only one to notice. There are a few whispers, but Peter tries to ignore them. The teacher seems to sense the kid’s

discomfort and dismisses him to his seat. Peter takes an empty seat near the back of the room, the seat next to him empty. Well so much for making friends…

The class was about half way through when the door swung open, interrupting the class for the second time that day. Seconds later a boy walks in.

“Mr. Leeds, you’re late.” Mrs. Warren tells the boy. “Where were you?”

“I-I was...um…”

“Just have a seat Ned. And know that next time I won’t be so lenient.” The boy-Ned- just nods and quickly moves to the only empty seat left. The one right next to Peter. Peter isn’t exactly sure what to say. He’s never been great with social interaction.

Everyone he had known back home he had grown up with. Strangers on the other hand…

Peter decides to just keep to himself for now, in hopes of avoiding any embarrassment. If this boy wants to talk to him, then he will talk to him-

“I’ve never seen you here before. New kid?” The boy speaks up.

“Yeah.” Peter replies awkwardly. He extends a hand. “Peter Parker.” The boy
shakes his hand and gives him a friendly smile.

“Ned Leeds.” The two continue to talk quietly throughout class, being careful to keep their volume low to keep from distracting the class...again. Peter finds that he and Ned have a lot in common, and though he wouldn’t call it a friendship yet (he didn’t want to get his hopes up) he did see this as a step in the right direction.