Episode 13

Cover by: Maniaxoi

I remember that time in my past

I remember that time in my past. When I lost my sister to an Evil-doer. We were orphans, our parents didn't want us. We worked hard for money and she even sold her body so I can study in a good school. Repeatedly, she worked hard and keep selling her own body so I can continue my education.

I told her that once I become a doctor, I will make her a queen. The richest women alive who doesn't need to walk anymore. I promised her servants, big mansion and ten space ships.

But she didn't show up for my graduation.

I got home with my doctor diploma, and found her body rotten, eaten by animals and bugs.

The investigation ended with a surprising result. She was killed using black magic, and the culprit is a famous warlock who recently kidnaps the citizens nearby. My sister... She's innocent. She's a loving and understanding person.

[DIVIDER]

"Sis..."

'Jiren! She's talking!'

'Good... We almost lost her.'

'I'll bring her staff.'

"Sister... Sister...! SISTER! DON'T LEAAVE MEEE!!!!"

I wake up to see a blurry version of Jiren staring down at me.

'Why is there so many lights...? Wait, am I in the healing container? These lights must be the healing beam.'

He looks so worried, this is not like the usual Cold-Faced Jiren. "[Y/N]. Don't move. You got shot in the forehead. It's a laser beam, so we don't have to remove any bullet. We barely made it back to the ship."

"Thanks... How long have I been out?"

"One hour. You don't have to worry about the mission. It's over. Toppo wiped off the whole base alone."

"Wow... But he wasn't like that before."

"He was furious. They almost killed you. His anger took over and he used it to wipe off the entire base."

"How about the prisoners?"

"Safe. Still in underground. It's for the best, we don't have enough room for them. And it's cold outside."

I still wanted to talk more. But the deep wound in my head is restraining me from moving-even to move my lips. It's hurting me. So I must wait until I'm fully healed. Toppo returned with my healing staff. "When can she use this?"

"I guess we must wait until her internal bleeding stopped." Jiren suggested.

After another hour inside the container, I can finally get up and use my healing staff on my wound

After another hour inside the container, I can finally get up and use my healing staff on my wound. Jiren and I leave the ship once again to group up with Toppo. I saw him dragging ten soldiers using one hand. They will be handed to the authorities later. I run to his direction and give him a hug.

"Toppo! Topppoo! Toppo! I was so scared!"

His hand reached for my head again. "I was so close to you. Yet I couldn't save you."

"It wasn't your fault. It was a surprise attack after all." I hold his hand, trying to assure him that he had done nothing wrong. "I was too late to dodge and react."

"But I'm glad you are okay." And there he goes, that familiar smile again.

I nod my head. "Hehe..."

Jiren speak up. "[Y/N] and I will look around to see if we can find anything interesting. Can you handle the prisoners, Toppo?"

"No worries." Both Jiren and Toppo only exchange looks and walk off to separate directions.

"[Y/N]." Jiren called me. "Come on. We need to look for the stolen items they have. Probably in the storage room."

I hold onto my staff, and follow him. "Yes... I'm coming."

Even with these two as my teachers, I still couldn't protect myself. Why am I like this? Why can't I just... Be strong?

 Be strong?