Chapter 2

Ellie's Pov :

"how much time more do i have to wait for you?" i asked irritatingly to my cab driver.

Its been 40 minutes that I'm still waiting for him to arrive.

I was tapping my foot out of being irritated when a middle aged woman came and stood beside me looking at me with a hint of... hatred?

" is there something wrong ma'am?" i asked being as polite as i can be.

The lady looked at me bewildered and turned her face away from me. After a good two minutes again i saw that lady peeking at me.

"are you okay ma'am? You look like something's bothering you. Need some help?" this time she looked at me and asked me something which made my limbs go numb.

"aren't you the girl? The gold digger who made them go bankrupt?"

That same question again.

I looked at her with a small smile, tears almost forming on the corners of my eyes and said

"maybe yes, maybe no. Not everything what you hear is true."

That's what's i say it to everyone these days.

~~~

After a good one hour i reached the building for the interview.

It was a baronial one.

I went inside it. Opened the large glass door and showed the security my identity card.

I went on the fifth floor where my interview was about to take place and went inside the room.

It was a large room. An impressive one. Decorated in an old fashioned style.

I waited for some seconds and then an old aged man came and sat in front of me.

"sorry mrs. Ebony to make you wait for sometime. I was a bit engaged in work."
he said with a smile while going through my files.

"so, can you tell me a little about yourself?" he asked

"well, I'm Ellie ebony. I'm 18 years old and I'm recently looking for a job. I live with my one and only brother named kim namjoon. "
I answered with my hands trembling a little.

That's my habit whenever I'm tensed.

After a good half an hour the interview session was ended and thankfully they didn't know about me being that so called gold digger.

I quickly went down the stairs and made my way to the already waiting cab.

"I'm sorry. I made you wait for a little. It got a bit delayed." i said apologising to him while closing the car's door.

"no ma'am, its fine. I hope your interview went well." he said flashing a cute smile to me.

While i was watching him from the front mirror something caught me off guard.

Should i ask him why he hugged me like that last time?

That hug.

It felt different.

Something was off.