Chapter 8

Yeonjun's POV :

A photograph, that was all it took for my tears to burst the dam of restraint. I clutched the solid wooden frame tight in my hand, able to see a ghostly reflection of my face in the thin sheen of glass that covered it. I looked past my own dreary eyes and stared upon her face that had been caught in a moment of perfection. It was the happiest memories that hurt the worst, they were the ones that cut me the deepest. I  focused in on her eyes, they were glistening with the twinkle of laughter that once I loved, in fact i still do. Now, they laughed at me. They reminded me of what I have lost. I clutched the frame tight, pressing it hard to my chest wishing to feel her head resting upon them. It was in that moment when I realised I no longer knew how I felt. I was numb, yet somehow in agony. I longed to be free of her, yet I wanted her back more than I'd ever wanted anything.

These painful memories, they're just the same as nightmares. They vanish when I'm awake, when I'm really right here in the present moment with you. Once I really open my eyes, let in daylight, they have no choice but to leave and I can let in all the wonderful things around me.

"please come back, i miss you." i whispered while still holding that wooden frame, not willing to leave it ever.

"yeonjun-ah, you okay?" i hear my bother's voice calling by my name.

All you could ever hear at that time was total silence. There was absolute stillness.
I simply nodded my head not speaking a word and looked up into his eyes with mine which was already deep red from crying.

" please bring her back. I need her."
I said sobbing and tears flooded like the waters rushing down from a waterfall.

He came forward and engulfed me in a lovable brotherly hug, trying to console me.

"You're the only person I know that gives indefinite hugs." i said while sniffling and trying my best to control my laugh in this moment after saying those words.

"Well, love, where else would I rather be?" he replied.

"wow, way to ruin my mood again. You sound gay youngjae."

"yah, respect your brother atleast."

"as if i did before." i rolled my eyes realising myself from the hug and laughed while staring at him.

This was life, real life, REAL US.

~~~

Ellie's POV :

"so are you listening?" yoonjin, my work partner, snapped me out of my thoughts while swinging her right hand in front of my face.

"um, yeah. Continue."

"ellie? What's wrong? You've been spacing out since forever."

"nah, its just that my brain is on five percent battery, so if you don't mind, I'm gonna take some time to rest and soak in the calm peace of nature." I replied as I was standing up and leaving the cafe where Yoonjin took me today for a break when she suddenly held my wrist and stopped me from going any further.

"yah, ellie-ah, If you're making decisions while tired, you're basically 'drunk driving' your life. So sleep, rest and decide nothing until you feel okay. That's really the best advice I can give you."

"ah, okay sure. I'll text you later today. Thank you so much for today yoonjin-ah" i bowed and gave her a small smile before closing the cafe door.

That driver, why did i dream about him again?

How is it that just a thought can bring long buried emotions and stir what was settled?

But, the irony is all of these emotions are yet to be found.

_______________________________________

So, finally chapter 8 is out now. I'm really happy that I'm getting positive reviews regarding this book and i hope I'll even get more in future. This book is really fun to write to be honest. It's full of mysteries and I'm loving it how people are excited to see the end ;)
Keep supporting! Fighting! Stay tuned and spread love. Its a short chapter so yeah, no hate please? :(
Mostly the chapters are gonna be short as the story is mainly about their point of views and also, to y'all if you are skipping those big descriptions, then please don't cause it consists hidden hints which will be found later in the story through other chapters so please read it all together :)
SARANGHAE ❤️

 Its a short chapter so yeah, no hate please? :( Mostly the chapters are gonna be short as the story is mainly about their point of views and also, to y'all if you are skipping those big descriptions, then please don't cause it consists hidden hin...