Chapter 12

Ellie's POV :

~at present~

The paramedics quickly park the truck in the employee parking lot and take him out. They hurry through the double doors, the wheels of the stretcher and my pounding footsteps the only thing I can hear. "Miss Ellie, you cannot follow them." The receptionist stops me with a manicured hand. My heart sinks into my chest as the stretcher disappears from view.

"Why?" is all I can choke out, as my mind fills with a succession of horrible outcomes.

"You must wait in the waiting room like everybody else," she says in educated but clipped tones and gestures to where she was talking about. She watches through perfect mascara as I sit dejectedly in one of the hard plastic chairs.

~after one hour~

Waves of heat coursed through his blood, a cold sweat glistened in his gaunt features. His eyes sunken and his skin sallow, everything ached, everything sagged. The glass of water stared at him from the bedside table, he took a sip and plopped back onto his pillow.
His face was as pale as a cloud, and there he rested. "gwenchana?"
I asked softly as i entered his room.
"Ne, I'm fine." he replied weakly.

A heavy silence settled over us, thicker then the uneasy tension in the atmosphere. Our unnsettled eyes glanced unceremoniously around and tried to avoid catching other glances that passed by.

I felt painfully out of place, like a pepperoni that had mistakenly made its way onto a vegetarian pizza.

"ellie?"

My mouth is almost too dry to speak. I nod like an idiot and then croak out
"yeah, yeonjun?"

"why are you here suddenly? Aren't you supposed to be home? You shouldn't be-

" I'm here because of a reason yeonjun-ah. "

A reason which makes me feel something unfamiliar.

Just when i was about to say it

" YEONJUN-AH!!!!!"

A high pitched scream is heard when a man in his twenty's bang opened the hospital room letting himself crashed into a bone hug with him.

Good, you could've hugged him without stepping on my foot though-.-

"ARE YOU OKAY? DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS? ARE YOU HURT? HOW DID-

" Yah youngjae-ah! Behave. People will probably think we're gay. " yeonjun replied which made me chuckle and caused them to look at me.

Shit. He's handsome wtf

" ah, mianhe, i should leave."

But a hand stopped me. I daren't move, I daren't even breathe, I'm frozen to the spot. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest...duh-duhn, duh-duhn. Deep heavy breathes sound nearby. The hairs on my arms stand to attention, as a militia of chills march down my spine. Is there something there or is it just my imagination? The beating gets louder and louder, surely if there is something there, it can hear this cacophonous thrumming rhythm.

"don't go ellie, not too soon." he spoke with a sudden kindness and pleading which I've never seen before.

For so long I have longed for something which will make me feel wanted, and this it it. Now I can't bare to lose it - lose this thing that makes me feel so complete.

Yeonjun, who are you actually? Why does your touch feels so familiar?

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a high pitched laughter which was caused by that another man.

"Aigoo, so this is your owner?"

Owner? Ah! The cab one.

"Annyeonghaseo, choi youngjae imnida." he said while bowing a bit.

"Ah! Annyeonghaseo, ellie-

" Arasso, I already know you. " he said with a small smile.

Maybe he knows me by gold digger just like eveyone else.

" Ne, nice to meet you." i bowed.

After bidding them goodbyes i went outside near the park with holding that picture and the ring.

I have to know about it.

Entering the park, a slight breeze rustles the leaves making them fall to the solid ground one by one.The air was warm, the beams of sunlight glowing on my skin. Flowers are vast, and they conceal the freshly cut green grass. The pathway is nothing more than dirt littered with random rocks.

I took ahold of the tired swing's lone rope, twisting it round and round til the poor weathered tether was taut with tension, the binds creaking with pleas for relief. Not until I sat on the dried out, grey seat, the wood complaining rather noisily under my weight, and had the frayed cord securely between my legs, did I finally release all the strain I had caused the worn, but deeply loved elder swing. Closing my eyes, enjoying the almost floating sensation as the world blended together and spun round faster and faster. "Get well soon" I breathed tenderly, holding the coarse rope close to her forehead, the frayed, severed threads playfully tickling my nose.
"You're important yeonjun-ah."

_______________________________________

Hi there everybodyyyyyy, so finally i updated. My exams are near and I'm literally doomed right now. 'pray for me' 🙏🏻
Also, we've reached 1.27k reads! And I'm literally jumping on my bed. 'hope we reach 1.30k soon'
Also, I started writing a jjk ff in my draft. It's gonna sucks as usual but oh well, lemme try 😂

I'M GONNA WATCH BRING THE SOUL LOVELIES. I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED I SWEARRRRRR.

okay bye. Enough of ranting shits.

Byeeee. Love ya!

 Love ya!