Independence Days Slaughter

Thanks so much for the 600 views. Thats a lot. I honestly thought this story would get like five.

                        This was extremely awkward. Would we go back to the receptionist, and ask if we could get her. Yeah. Probably not happening. However, I think she's off the case for now. At least, Until we find her.

               Anyways, we just kept on running, until the coast was clear. Well, being a spy, the coast was never clear. We were drawn to a place which was blasting patriotic music. This was extremely suspicious. Not really. But hey. Fleeing from a place that had a receptionist trying to kill us, you could never be so sure.

              We arrived at the gates. Actually, there were no gates. It was just an open area where the doors would have been. Wow. That was the only way to describe it. Amusement Parks. Movie theaters. Marches. Speeches. The only weird thing. Everything was red, white, and blue. A sudden realization just hit me in the head. I dug out my... oh wait. I don't have a phone. 

            Cyrus apparently saw what I was doing, and cried out, "Oh for Pete's sake, use a calendar, Benjamin!"

            "Um... Where is the calendar?"

"Over there." Cyrus pointed to a calendar hung up to a wall. I ran there. "Blind Bat," Cyrus grumbled. I was too pleased to care. When I saw the date, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was independence day for Britain. June 23, to be specific. I took some party streamers and blew them loudly.

"Can you stop partying, so we can solve this damn case!" Zoe exclaimed, exasperated. I flushed red. Zoe seemed proud that she had gotten me to blush at her. Erica had a thin line of nothing on her mouth. Seriously. I need to know where she gets that talent. Does she find it in a random book called, "How to hide your emotions so people don't know what you're thinking." She seemed a little... I don't know jealous. Angry. Emotionally traumatized. OK. Lets scratch off the last one. 

             I ran after them to the party. Cyrus was... gone. That's not good. Speaking of which, I actually think Erica is emotionally traumitized.

"You okay?"

"A little."

"Catherines going to be fine," I soothed.

"Have you ever lost your mom before. Did you ever lost someone you love!"

I didn't know what to say to that, but the saying hit me.

"Your right. I don't know what it's like to lose someone you love. But there's plenty of things you don't know how it's like to be me. But thats what friends are for." I offered my hand for her to shake. She shook it. 

Not too big huh. Yeah, thats just because I have a big writer's block. If you have the chance to write a suggestion down, I will very much appreciate it. In addition, thank you to @SpySchool13 for the inspiration on this chapter. Finally, Thank you all for the support you guys give me almost every day. Not too sappy huh...