Chapter Seven

I was called again to have a meeting with everyone. "I still don't understand why I am here," I said. Lexa ignored me. "We have decided to have a conclave. Over a bunker that will shield anyone inside from Primfiya. A warrior from each clan" Lexa said.

I blink. What? Is that why I'm here? Is Skaikru going to call me to fight for them because I am married to Octavia? Or is Trikru going to call me among them because they are where I originate from?

"Okay good for you. What does this have to do with me?" I ask. "Skaikru wants you to fight for them because of Octavia. We want you to fight for Trikru because we are your home" Lexa explains. I shake my head. "I swore to never fight again," I say to Lexa. "your people need you now Tiga" Lexa says to me. "Rebel I know we haven't been the kindest to you. But please. We need you" Clarke says. I look from Lexa to Clarke. "Trikru are your people," Lexa says again. I shake my head. "Octavia is my people," I say then leave.

Speaking of Octavia. She was waiting across the hall, leaning against the wall. I notice the tattoo on her shoulder. I look her in the eyes. "I can tell there is no good news," She said. I grab her waist and pull her into me. Our lips connect as she puts her hands on my shoulders. "Are you okay?" She asks. "I just need my wife" I whisper in her ear. I can tell she's smiling. She grabs my hand and pulls me to our room.

***

I lay under the covers on my back while Octavia lays on me. I have an arm around her as she lays her head on my bare chest. "What was the meeting about?" She asked. "There is a bunker in Polis. They knew that the clans won't share it evenly. So they decided to have a conclave. Whoever wins gets the bunker. Skaikru wants me to fight for them and Trikru wants me to fight for them" I explain. She nods. "Who are you fighting for?" She asks. "No one. I never want to fight anyone again" I reply. "I understand," She says.

She props herself up on one elbow and looks down on me. "No matter what happens. You are my home" She says leaning her forehead into mine. "And you are mine," I say.

"If Skaikru needs a warrior. I cannot promise that I will not fight for them" She says looking at me carefully. "Octavia. They are your people. If you want to fight for them. Fight for them. It is what any brave warrior would do" I say. She smiles. "Thank you for understanding," She said. "Of course my River Girl" I respond and kiss her.

I have a hand on her back. Drawing circles with my index finger. She continues kissing me, a hand on my cheek. She smiles down at me. "When I win that bunker you will be inside it with me. We will rule it together" She says. I laugh. "Why are you laughing at me?" she asks giggling. I laugh more. "You're just adorable" I answer. I kissed her nose.

 She buries her face in my neck wrapping her arms around me. "No, I'm not" She giggles. "Yes, you are" I reply. "You will win my River Girl. You're strong" I say. I can feel her smiling against my skin. 

***

The conclave came faster than I thought it would. Primfiya was around the corner, so at the same time, it is to be expected. I was in the back with Octavia. She sat down on the bench with her head in her hands. "You are a warrior. You fight with the strength of a thousand men. You will win" I say. She looks up at me. A small smile, but a smile nonetheless. "I love you," She says.

Bellamy comes in the room. He nods at me then looks at O. "It's not too late. We can have someone else fight" Bellamy says. Octavia glances at me. "I can do this," She says. She gives Bellamy a hug, then walks to me. Her arms go around my neck and mine around her waist. "Fight with honor. You die a warrior" I whisper. She nods. She pulls away a little. I kiss her, for longer than I ever have. I pour all the love I have into it.

When she pulls away and looks at my face I smile at her. "I can do this," She says. "You will do this my River Girl," I say. She lets go and exits. We all follow behind her.

She walks onto the stage and accepts her chain with the mark of her clan on it. She stares at me and I stare back at her. I pray to Bekka Pramheda that she survives this. She has to survive this.

She survived so much...She can survive this...