Chapter Twelve

I still walk away from O. I couldn't believe her. She didn't really love me. She truly did just marry me because she thought I would die soon after. She only did it to make me happy. I sprint. Leaving her far behind. I don't know where I'm going but I just keep running. Soon I'm at the river. Seeing it brings back so many memories.

"You...You speak English?"

"Yes.."

"You ask a lot of questions Klinrona Gada"

"What does that mean?"

"River Girl"

"I found you in a river"

A scream escapes me, this isn't the same river I found her in but just looking at a river in general. Tears are running down my face, tears from pain and love. I loved her. I love her. I didn't want to stop loving her. I had to push through, to save us. Maybe she can learn to love me. We're stuck in this. The only thing that ends a marriage is death. The question is, who dies? Who needs to be desperately freed more than the other does?

"Everything okay?" Someone asks. I turn and see that it's Bellamy. Sighing I think about just leaving, but right now...the company of anyone sounds nice. He approaches me slowly, as if I'm a wild animal. "Not really" I reply. He nods. "What's wrong?" He asks. "I can't tell you it's about your sister"

"I don't have to tell her everything" He says. I nod. "She regrets marrying me" I state before I can change my mind. He nods. "I could tell. I'm sorry she's treating you this way...Do you love my sister?" He asks. I pause. Of course I did. She saved my life that day just as much as I saved hers. "Yes"

"You should fight for her" He says. "How am I supposed to do that when she keeps pushing me away?" I start to sob. My hands go to my mouth to cover my ugly face and Bell wraps his arms around me. "Octavia has been through a lot in her lifetime. One thing was for sure though, she did love you. I think she still does, she just may have a hard time showing it" He says. I continue to cry in Bellamy's arms.

I regain my composure and pull away. "Thank you" I say. Bell stares at me, I couldn't read his face. He leans in slowly, I don't stop him. He kisses me softly and I kiss back. I felt fireworks on my skin and I wanted more. I wanted all of him. Then I snapped back into it, and pushed him away. "No" I muttered. I walk away from him, leaving Bellamy by the river, staring at me as I walk away.

I reach the camp pretty quickly, and everyone is already busy making preparations for their homes. "Rebel!" Calls a voice. It was O, standing on the porch of a house. I approach her, "This is the perfect place for us" She says. I nod, too afraid to disagree with her. The house was small, the bed in the corner and everything else spread throughout it, with the table in the middle. "I put all of our stuff down and away, do you like it?" She asks. I hated how happy and wife like she was being. We both knew the truth of what was happening between us. "Yes Octavia. I like it"

She sits on the bed and stares at me. "I'm sorry about our fight, I know I hurt your feelings, I didn't mean to" She says. Walking to her I nod, "It's okay"

"I just wish that things were different. Maybe if we hadn't gone through the things we did we would be different now" Octavia says. "I wish that too" I reply. "We can't change the past. We have to focus on the future, and the future is, me, staying in power" She says. I shake my head. "Why do you deserve to stay in power? What point can you make to your people that will convince them that you need to stay in rule?" I ask. "I ruled in the bunker for six years and I was a good ruler. I did what was best for my people. Once Wonkru always Wonkru. We are strong. Anyone who is against Wonkru is no good for us" She says.

I nod. "You think the people will stand behind you?" I ask. "They are Wonkru, or the enemy of Wonkru. My people will choose wisely" Octavia answers. I nod. "I hope they do"

Octavia smiles, thinking my comment was in support of her rule. That I hoped the people would choose her. "That's the spirit" She says. I did not mean that at all. I hoped the people knew who the right ruler was. Whether it be Clarke, Colonel Diaz or someone else. O is not the only option. Octavia stands and hugs me, places small kisses on my neck. I wasn't in the mood. "How about we just relax?" I suggest. She nods and lays down. I lay next to her and put an arm over her waist. I was in the mood for someone, just not her.

***

Octavia is asleep and I was wide awake. Just like before we slept I wanted someone, just not her. My heart will always belong to her, but her tyrant ways had the power of turning me off. Quietly, slowly, I slipped out of bed and leave the house. It was night and not as many people were buzzing around the camp. The fire in the middle of the camp had people around it, one of those faces was Bellamy, lit by the soft golden glow of the fire. I walk passed him, "Follow me" I say. After a few minutes I hear footsteps behind me.

We're at the stream and I stand with my feet in the water, the ends of my cloak getting wet. "What?" Bellamy asked. I turn to him. "One more time" I say. He looks confused. I unlatch my cloak and put it on the dry ground. He still looks confused and I get close to him, and kissed him softly. His lips feel like hers...

"Are you sure?" He asks. I nod. I feel his hand go down my pants and enter me. His fingers move, making me moan as they hit the right spot over and over. He stops and looks at me. "Let's get in the water" He says. I smile. "Are you serious?" I ask. He nods and takes off his shirt and throws it next to my cloak. I do the same, we make eye contact as we undress, then we walk into the lake, our bodies getting more and more underwater. He grabs my butt making me jump slightly at the suden touch. I haven't had this kind of human touch in so long. My legs go around his waist as I push myself onto him. My head falls back, it felt so good to have him inside me. He kisses my neck as I bounce on him in the water. He moans in my ear as I smile. It felt so good to be connected to someone on such an intimate level.

He bites my neck as I moan, a knot is forming in my stomach fast and my whole body tingles and there's fireworks on my skin. "I'm gonna cum" Bell groans in my ear, "me too" I breathe into his hair. A warm feeling shoots deep into me. He moans loudly when he cums, making me cum just hearing him. We're panting as we stare at each other. "This isn't the last time is it?" he asks. "No probably not" I reply.