Chapter Ten

I wake up the next morning and Octavia is gone. It doesn't surprise me but it still hurts. I touch the spot where she slept with my finger tips. It's still warm. I think about when it wasn't like this, when I used to wake up to her face. Her black hair frizzed and her skin soft. I get up and get dressed. It was almost time for the pit.

As I walk down the hall I get the usual stares. The cutting eyes from others. Thinking that I was Octavia's lap dog. I arrive at the office and come in without knocking. "There you are Rebel. It's almost time for the Pit. You ready to escort me?" She asks. I nod. She's in a happy mood from the night before. I can't say the same for myself. We walk to the throne above the pit. She sits down on the throne. Looking up at me there's a smile on her face.

"I love you Tiga" She says. I smile at last. I can't deny my love for her. "I love you too Octavia" I reply. The competitors walk out. It is time for them to fight. One of them was Marcus Kane, apparently he stole pills. I don't believe him for a second. He confessed to a crime though, so now he has to fight to the death. When the alarm goes off he does not fight. Just stand in the center staring at Octavia. What is he doing? Finally all but one is dead. Now it's just him and the other fighter. "What are you doing? Fight!" He yells at Marcus. Marcus still does nothing. I see the other fighter getting ready to hit Marcus. I guess his survival instinct kicked in because he grabbed a sword and swung at the other fighter. Blood gushes as he goes down and Marcus is deemed the winner of today's conclave.

"What is your judgment Blodrena?" I ask. Octavia thinks, then puts up a hand. "He fights again tomorrow" I announced. Everyone yells and cheers as Marcus is pulled away through the gate to be locked up. Octavia gets up and returns to her office, with me following behind her. Once we arrive I ask everyone to step outside, I close the door then turn to Octavia.

"O, what the hell" I say.

"What?" She asks. "You know Kane doesn't deserve to be in the Pit Octavia. You know he did not take those pills. He's not capable of it" I reply. "He admitted to a crime. So he goes in the pit" O says simply. "He did not do it O!-"

"Enough!" Octavia yells standing from her seat. "I thought you were my wife" she says, evil in her eyes. "I married Octavia Kom Skaikru. Not whatever this evil thing is" I reply before leaving.

"You can't stay away forever Rebel...you always come back"

I stop at the door, my hand on the handle. "You know...I will come back, because that's what you do when you love someone...but at this rate I don't know how many more times I can come back" I say, then leave Octavia, mouth open not knowing how to reply to what I have said.

I stormed away. Thinking about how angry I am and just wanting to hurt her. Wanting her to feel the pain I feel for her turning into this monster I knew she wasn't. I go to Skaikru's wing of the bunker and find Bellamy alone in the sparring ring. Guilt rang in my chest, this was her brother. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" He asks. "Want to spar?" I ask. He nods. I take off my armor. A shoulder pad with connecting metal that covers my torso and connected at the throat. I take off my belt and set that down and leave my weapon on the floor. I'm left in a sleeveless shirt and tight pants. Bellamy glances down at my bust for a second then looks back at me. 

"You seem kinda scrawny you sure you wanna go against me?" he asked. I scoffed. Men. "Looks can be deceiving. Need I remind you I was a gladiator" I respond and gesture to the scars on my chest, then turn so he can see the ones on my shoulder. When I face him again he throws off his shirt and gets into a fighting stance.

We go at it. First I swing right but he ducks and dodges it. He swings and gets me in my lip. He head knocks back but I don't let that stop me. I knew my size was an advantage. So I dive down and kick his legs, taking him down. He on his back and I put my boot on his throat without pressing down. He's panting has he smiles. "You're pretty good" He says. I let him up. "We'll I've been training since birth" I reply.

Blodreina | How Far Would You Go For Love?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara