Chapter Eight

I take deep breaths as I sit at the top of the tower with all the others who are waiting to see if their clan will win the bunker. Bellamy stands with me. "I'm sorry about everything, about never being kind to you when we met" He says without looking at me. I look at him and nod. "You were protecting not only Octavia but your people. I would have done the same thing for my sisters" I say.

"You have sisters?" Bellamy asks. "Four. Willa, Dez, Launi, and Ezmika. All younger than me. They were very small when I left" I answer. "How come we didn't see them then? Aren't you Trikru?" He asked. I swallowed. "You saw them many times. They're all guards. They just do not recognize me...and I plan on keeping it that way" I say quickly. "Why don't you want them to see you?" He asks finally looking at me. "Some things are better left alone" I answer. "Don't you think they would rather see their sister? Than to know later that she was here and never said anything?" Bellamy asks. I had no clue Bellamy knew Trigedasleng. I swallow. "Not this time"

Giana sighs, and puts out the Trikru candle. I bow my head, "Fio kom Trikru, Yu gonplei ste odon" (Fio kom Trikru, your fight is over) She chants. I repeat her words along with everyone else. Trikru is out of the fight. I sigh heavily. Maybe Bellamy is right.

I leave the room and go to Heda's room. There are two guards, they both have my eyes and my nose. The look at me, "Heda is not accepting visitors" One of them say. "I am not looking for Heda" I say. "Who are you looking for then?" The one on the left asks. Her eyebrows furrow in the same manner it did when she was four. "Ezmika...Dez..." I say swallowing a lump in my throat. Ezmika puts a hand on her sword. "Who are you?" She asks.

Dez puts a hand on Ezmika's shoulder. "Tiga?" She asks, her eyes getting watery. I swallow, unable to hold back the tears. I nod as they spill over. She wraps her arms around my neck and holds on tight. "Dez! She killed mom and dad" Ezmika said pulling Dez back. "I don't believe that" Dez responds.

"No. Dez. It's the truth" I say. She looks at me with horror. "You're my sister! A warrior! You wouldn't do that!" She exclaims. Tears start to collect in my eyes, I force them back. "The rumors are true. I killed our parents" I say. Dez shakes her head. "They died looking for you" She says, her voice shaking. "What?" I ask. "Willa and Jouno. They went looking for you and were killed because they trespassed on Azgeda land thinking they took you. They're dead. Why did you even leave? Why did you kill mom and dad?" Dez asks. "They killed the woman I loved...and I punished them for it" I answer. "You made them pay with their lives?" She asks. There are tears spilling over now. I swallow. "Yes...I made them pay with their lives" I answer.

"Leave. Do not let me see you here again. Or I will kill you myself" She says. "Dez-" 

"No Ezmika! That trator and murder. The warrior we thought was our sister...that is not her" She says to Ezmika. Then turns to me again and says : "Leave. Now"

I swallow the lump that is in my throat. I walk back down the hallway. I lean against the wall and fall to the ground. I refused to cry. "A warrior does not cry" I say out loud. Something my mother used to tell me all the time. "I'm not a warrior" I whisper. A warrior does not prey on the weak. I killed my parents when they didn't do anything wrong, I killed Kloui for doing nothing but trying to help me. Now my sister and only brother are dead. What am I to do with this shame?

I bring no honor to my clan. Wait...I do not have a clan. I have Octavia. Even then...I dishonor her. She does not deserve to be married to me, a coward who killed people who had no chance at fighting back. I allow tears to pour over my face. "Cowards cry" I say. I wipe away my tears with my palms.

One more day, one more day. I will support my wife and then when she is alive and thriving in a bunker where I know she is safe then I will leave...because she deserves at least that.

I walk back to the room and there are only two people left. Octavia kom Skaikru and Luna kom Floukru. I swallow as I stand in the room. I look around for Bellamy and see that he is nowhere to be found. I frown and keep waiting. I watch people cry and run off to spend their last moments with their family.

I stare at the Skaikru lamp and the fire glows bright. I pray to Bekka Pramheda that she stays alive. I pray that she makes it and at least her and her people will get to stay in the bunker and she will be safe.

The doors are thrown open and Octavia comes in covered in blood and walks to Gia. I can tell she is exhausted as she threw the sigils down in front of Gia. "I win" She says. Everyone around us murmurs. Gia picks them up and looks them over. "It is true. Octavia kom Skaikru is victorious" She says, "Skaikru gets the bunker".

"No" Octavia says. I look at her in shock. "What is this? Skaikru. Azgeda. We all are people and we all need a safe place from Primfiya. We will share the bunker and live together as one clan. We will be Wonkru" She says. She looks to me. I smile. I don't think I've ever been more proud of her.

She steps down and walks to me, our lips connect as we embrace each other. "Let's go home" She says. I nod. She grabs me by the hand and pulls me to the bunker. Heda is following behind us once we get out into the hallway with my sisters following behind her. I can feel their eyes burning into me.

We get to the bunker and Indra is there waiting for us. We are the only ones in the room, Kane is here too. The door is not open though. "What's going on?" Octavia asks. "Skaikru took the bunker" Indra states. "What?" I say.

"Skaikru is already hated and now they do this. What are the other clans going to do to us when they find out we took the bunker?" Octavia says. "They won't find out. There has to be a way to get through to them. Bang on the door what are those boxes your people use to talk? Radios? Is there one of those?" I ask. "Maybe...I don't know" Octavia says.

I look down at our intertwined hands, then let go and put an arm around her waist and pull her close, she turns into me and places a hand on my chest. "What do you plan on doing about your people Onsleya?" Indra asks.

"Bellamy will come for me. We wait" She answers.