Chapter Eleven

"What?" I ask. She shakes her head. "Did you have sex with Bellamy?" She asks again. How the hell could she possibly know that. "No. Why would you think that?" I asked. "Someone told me you came out of the sparing room, reeking of sex aparently" She says. A look of disgust twists on my face. "What is wrong with you? Are you trying to make our marriage worse?" I asked. O looks at the floor, then at me. "No. Of course not" She says. I hated her at this moment. I wanted to. To. I walk up to her fast and wrap a hand around her throat, causing her to lean back on the table behind her. She stares into my eyes. Lust filling them the longer she looks at me.

"I need you to stop. You are getting on my nerves, far too much" I say. She continues to stare, looking all over my face. She nods. Finally, Blodrena submits. Almost unheard of. I let go and we still stare at each other in the burned ruins of Primefiya. "We must go. Find more of a safe Haven then what this place is" O says, breaking the silence. "Actually there already is one" A voice says. I turn and see Clarke. "Follow us" She says. "Get everyone ready to move" Octavia says and pushed passed me. I watch her go, swishing her hips has she walks.

***

It was getting dark as I approached Octavia while she was talking to Bellamy. Bellamy sees me and walks away. O turns to me and smiles. She kisses me, which takes me by surprise. She never wants to kiss me. I have to kiss her, or if she does kiss me it's in private and she wants sex. "Is everyone ready?" She asks. "Yes. Ready to leave at your word" I reply. She smiles and takes my hand. "My wife. I have been taking you for granted. I should be celebrating you. Embracing our marriage. I don't do that enough. Don't let me go Rebel. I'm not letting you go" She says. I'm at a loss for words. I don't know what to say.

"Of course River Girl" I say. Octavia nods happily. "Let's get to the new land my love" She says then kissed my cheek softy. I follow her and call over my shoulder to the people to follow. We set out, with Clarke and Colonel Diaz out of the wastelands. Octavia takes my hand and intertwined our fingers, refusing to let go as we walk. Still, I feel like something is up. She isn't acting like her usual self.

The whole way there O wouldn't talk in English, only in Trig. "Why do you keep talking in Trig?" I asked. "You never know where enemies lerk Tiga" She replies. That must be what's wrong with her. She presents as a naive wife and our rescuers won't think anything is up. I roll my eyes. She was always so suspicious. Always hard hearted. I couldn't stand to watch her like this. Where was the Octavia I saved from the river? The one who was so kind and full of hope. Now all she does is accuse people of trying to dethrone her.

It takes everything in me not to pull away from Octavia. She seems to be getting worse by the day.

The walk to the valley was long and agonizing, just when I felt like falling to the floor and not moving I see something. It looked like a sand hill, then the closer we get, I realize it can't be that. "Get ready to see the most beautiful thing in your life" Clarke says. I can hardly contain my excitement. When we climb the hill my legs start to burn, but I push the feeling away and keep going, the top is in sight and my heart pounds. Finally the last step is taken and I can see into the valley. Oh my god.

"It's beautiful" I breathe.

I feel O's arms around my waist as she looks over into the valley. It was a beautiful forest. I knew I would feel right at home. "We're home" Octavia says. I couldn't help myself, I break from Octavia's grasp and run. I run as fast as I possibly can. To the river I could see so clearly from the top of the hill. I jump into it fully clothed, tossing my backpack behind me and submerge myself under the water. I never thought I would be able to feel river water on my skin again. I come up and breathe in the fresh air. So many years locked underground made me forget the smell the forest brings. I didn't feel a thing. No kind of trouble. Not Bellamy, not Octavia, the pit. The stupid freaking bunker.

"You about done?" Someone calls. I turn and see O. "How can you not be excited? I found you in a river. Doesn't it bring back memories?" I ask. She rolls her eyes, and she's back. "Enough playing Rebel. Come on" She says.

I get out of the river and pick up my backpack, following Octavia away from the river. I look back and sigh. No matter what, I'm going to have a house by the river. Clarke leads us to a village that she lived in while we were in the bunker. A young girl runs to her and hugged her. "Hey Maddie" Clarke says wrapping her in a hug. "This is a village that I did live in with Maddy" Clarke calls to the group, "But you are of course welcome to fan out all over the valley!" She exclaims. I smile. I was so ready to put the bunker days behind us, but from the look on Octavia's face, she was not ready just yet.

I knew Octavia wanted to remain in control of her people, but I think it's out of her hands now. The way of our rescuers is different, though maybe the original people of the earth may step in and want to continue Blodrena's rule. I didn't want to continue with her rule, I want it to be just me and her. I've always wanted that. Even if Octavia regrets our marriage I don't, my love for her is always going to be true...Even if it leads to something cruel.

"Let's take a walk" Octavia said to me as sweetly as we both knew she could. We hold hands and walk through the trees. The farther from everyone else we got the more her smile fell from her face. We were far away from the camp now and O stops and turns to me. "I don't like this" Is the first thing she says. "I know but why does it matter? We're out of the bunker!" I say. She shakes her head, getting angrier with me. "No. That's not what I meant. I mean the fact that my rule is going to be undermined. Those are my people, and I have a history with Clarke. Her and Bellamy are going to team up and take control over the people who were doing just fine under my power" She replies. "Octavia. You created a gladiator pit where people had to fight to the death for the smallest crimes and fed the dead bodies to everyone else! Their friends and family! You may have the best intentions but if the people want a new ruler there is nothing that you can do about it!" I exclaim. I can see fury burning in Octavia's eyes, "I am the rightful ruler. If you don't think that you can leave"

"No Octavia, can't you see? I'm fighting for us! This can be a good thing. If you step down, we can have a life together. Hell a family even! Don't you want that! With me?" I ask. My eyes plead her to say yes. She stares for what felt like a long time. Then she says, cold as ice. "I never even wanted to marry you"

My heart breaks in half. "If you don't support me, maybe we should rethink this whole marriage thing" She says. I didn't want to lose her. If I say I don't support her, she'll leave me. If I say I do, I'll love Octavia to Blodrena. Now it's my turn to pause. Then I decide.

"I support you"