jhs | last night

→ Genres: 1950's au, soldier!hoseok, vanilla
→ Warnings: idk i consider this angsty
→ Word Count: 1k

Did he need to leave? Of course, he did. It's in his passion and you are in no power to control his desires in life. Though you knew - and he also knew - you'd miss him a lot. Not his hair, not his way of talking, not his smell, not his lips, not his touch, but him. You will long for him for a long time. For years. You've stated this to him over and over. Selfish of you to do, you wanted him to stay so you convince him with your sweet words, though you really needed to let him go.

"Baby, you thinking of my absence again?" You shake your head.

"Thinking of how I'll survive without you. Can you not go?" He chuckles, tucking a strand of your hair behind your ear.

"I need to, hun. It's tomorrow. Clothes are packed and I'm scheduled and listed -"

"Blah." You hum.

Hoseok reaches out to the stereo to turn it on, and there was the music. A new release from Doris Day to which you had just memorized last month.

Hoseok looks at you mischievously and you shrug.

"Baby, you're really doing this now? My last night with you and you're doing this?" He offers his hand, no doubt and in no second, you take it as you stand to face him.

Jung spreads your arm slightly, enough for him enclose it with his hand, and the other hand of his placed on your waist, swaying you to the music as the stereo releases noises of heaven. It felt like both of you were the only people left on Earth, for some reason everything was still and quiet, wrapping both of your bodies into a comfortable heat. His breath - as he places his head near your neck - touches your soft spot, adding continuous runs of heat, exploring each and every part of your body, (though it only touched your neck) spreading the goosebumps to add to the amazing sensation. Only Hoseok can give you those type of emotions time can never erase. Gives you more reasons to never let him away from your side, to a war in which opens the possibility for him to never come back.

"Stars shining bright above you,"

He whispers, raspy and crooked, still created melodic symphonies to your ear, making you smile ear to ear. He sways again, rotating over and over again, you wish for it to never stop.

"Night breezes seem to whisper I love you."

Which was true.

And he sways again, adding a chuckle before singing the next line, and the next, and the next.

"Dream a little dream of me. Will you?" He speaks after.

"Forever and always, Jung. Forever and always." You say to his chest, diving yourself upon his shirt for you can't help your tears to jerk.

This time you couldn't smile. You dwell up on it, didn't bother if his shirt would get drenched from your tears.

"I will get back, and it's going to be fast, I assure you." He caresses your hair as he stops swaying to the music, only to embrace you into him, one hand on your head and the other around you.

"I love you, and that's a promise." He added.

You pull away to see his features once again. You trace your hand onto his face, caressing his cheek, staring deeply into his eyes, for you know you will be able to see the sincerity in his words. His lips that provide endless intelligent words, you never wish to stop coming. They speak lies when he says you're beautiful, you thought. "I'll never get to see this beautiful face anymore." You tease.