jhs | last night | 2

Words: 1k
Type: angst, no smut :(
Song: Lana Del Rey - California

Description: He's back. Hoseok has come back from his service. Only it's not possible to be back together, under so many circumstances.

a/n: i was listening to California by Lana Del Rey and it matched my old one shot and i was like wait a minute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) here ya go itz very angsty pls listen to the song, it makes this one shot more tinGly

———

Yoongi releases yet another grunt of satisfaction, his hand forming into a fist. It was another night of watching "The Twilight Zone," and he can't get enough of the show.

"Don't be so loud," you murmur and he turns his face to you with a soft smile.

"She's fast asleep, she's not gonna wake," he explains, his hand skimming over you thigh. "Y/n, you're coming, right?"

You were confused for a second, then you remembered the party he told you about, a gathering in his company. You didn't want to agree in the first place because you didn't like the crowd, but he had been grumpy ever since you kept rejecting his invite.

You look at him, face relaxing. "Fine, just don't leave me alone like the last time."

"'Course not, baby. I love you so much."

He inches closer, but turns his head to watch the tv again, you roll your eyes.

———

Yoongi promised he would be back in a short second after he talks to his boss. Minutes have passed, you were only left sitting by the minibar. If it weren't for your ring, many men would've bought you a drink by now.

"Hey," a mysterious voice from behind you spoke. A leather jacket lands on the table and you inhale a familiar scent, a scent so familiar you could remember a particular night from your past. "You alone?"

You deny to look at the person that sat next to you, no matter how enticing his smell was.

He snickers, and you felt him pin his eyes on you. Silence. It was so quiet, you heard yourself gulp. His stare lasted longer than you expected, but his breathing is what your ears focused on. It triggered something from the back of your mind, it picked up something that you thrown to the trash of your memories.

It can't be.

You took the courage and looked at him, and there he was. You blame it on the alcohol in your veins, you disagree to believe the man in front of you. He holds a stern look, still shock is visible on his face.

You searched for words, your heart beats faster. It's impossible. It's as if there was a dead man standing right in front of you, your eyes can only blink to make him disappear. You threw his image away four years ago. You threw his voice and his smell, and it's all coming back in one night. Within a shot of vodka, he sits next to you like a nightmare from the past. Your throat tightens, fingers pressing on the tiny shot glass.

"Y/n," he whispers.

How dare he say my name?

"Y/n," he says again, reminding you of the last time he said it before entering the dirty white bus waiting for him. "I can't believe it, what are you doing here?"

He smiles, just as sweet as before. That smile he gave you after giving him a kiss on the cheek, the smile you worked hard on to forget.

"Yo-you're here. I thought you were gone," your voice breaks when your eyes burned.