Chapter 8 ~ Trust

It's like it all happens in a flash, Barry comes out of the breach as fast as he jumped into it.
He is standing inside Jitters, he is standing right in front of the table he and the girls were sitting at, a couple of days ago.

"He is gone" Gypsy says.

Barry look around Krane is gone. Barry is running to Killer Frost who is laying on the floor.

"Caitlin. Caitlin wake up." Barry says a bit loud.

"Shut up Jerk my head hurts. And by the way, the name is Killer Frost, but you can call me Frost or something stupid like everyone else does."

Barry can feel how his whole body is relaxing again when he knows Killer Frost is okay.

"Okay let's go" Gypsy says, when Killer Frost hot on her feet.

"Wait, what about this place we can't just leave it like this." Barry takes a piece of a mug in his hand.

"I'm definitely not a cleaning lady. Let's go" Killer Frost looks at Gypsy who is nodding.

Gypsy makes a breach and look back at Barry "are you coming with us or are you staying here?"

Barry starts thinking about how all the boys and girls who works in Jitters, are going to react when they see this.

"You know Caitlin would be disappointed, if you are gone when she wakes up." Killer Frost looks at Barry who looks at her. She is right. I have to be there when Caitlin... Wakes up? Is she sleeping?

Barry gets up and follow Gypsy and Killer Frost into the breach.

When he jumps out of it he no longer see Killer Frost but Caitlin again.

"How did it go?"

"You got thrown through the room like a doll" Cisco says.

"Oh. Um think I might go home. She looks at Cisco. Will you?"

"No way. You can drive with Barry, who by the way looks amazing in my mask, but I need it back"

Barry takes off Ciscos mask and gives it to him.

"Barry can I maybe..."

"Sure but do you mind if I clean the front seat first, it's my parents car and there're some blood... On it"

"I'm sorry" Caitlin sends Barry an apologies smile.

"It's okay."

•••

"I can't get it off. Aha um my parents are going to kill me." Barry don't know what to do.

"May I try something?"

"Sure."

Caitlin freeze the blood and the water and break the ice. She brush the ice pieces away and the seat looks like it's new.

"Waow. I mean thank you. You just saved my money." Barry laugh.

"Aha don't worry you saved our lives."

"Yeah but you saved the city."

"But never you. Never just you." Barry hold the door for Caitlin.

"Come on let's get you home before your parents get worried." Barry close the door after Caitlin.

Barry doesn't understand why but when he come into the car Caitlin won't look at him.

"Um so where do you live?"

"Just drop me off near Jitters."

"You sure? I promise I won't tell anyone where you live."

"Yeah. Yeah no I trust- it's just- I- I'm sorry Barry I don't think I trust you enough to tell you yet." Caitlin look at her feet.

"Sure. Caitlin I get that you don't trust a total stranger, you don't have to tell me everything." Barry sends Caitlin a smile and looks him straight into his eyes. "Let's drive you to Jitters." Barry smiles, starts the car and drive.

•••

When they arrive at Jitters the police is everywhere.

"Oh no.. No no no no. We forgot we- I kinda ruined Jitters."

"Hey hey hey. I can just drop you of over there." Barry point at the corner of the street.

Caitlin nods nervous. Barry drives to the corner. Caitlin opens the door. "Thanks for the drive. See you on Monday."

Caitlin is about to get out of the car when Barry stop her. "Wait Caitlin about the trust. I know you don't trust me right now, but I hope, I some day can win that trust." Caitlin look back on Barry and smiles. "Maybe some day Bartholomew Henry Allen." Caitlin gets out off the car and close the door.

Caitlin wave and smile when Barry drives away. Barry wave back and smiles to himself in the rearview mirror...

........................................................

This chapter is dedicated to Toni
aka ShwayEdits (again)
because she is amazing (again)
(She's always amazing)