Chapter 9 ~ thoughts

The weekend was quite. Barry came home around 4:30 am Saturday morning and slept the day away and Sunday was quite with no sign of Killer Frost.

"Barry, should I be worried?" his mom asks while they are eating dinner, "you haven't talked about her since Friday." She's talking about Killer Frost of course, but Barry won't talk about her, he's afraid he will say too much.

"No mom, don't worry. I think I finally realized, that she is way too good for me." Barry looks on his dad who starts laughing.

"What?"

"It's just.." he can't stop laughing, "it's just you. My Barry. Our Barry-" He looks on Barry's mother, "Gave up?"

"Yeah. He did." Barry says and try to look convincingly.

"So he did." Barry's mom don't believe him.

"Yes he did. And now he is going to bed." Barry leaves the table without taking his plate to the kitchen.

His room is messy, the most of his clothes is laying on the floor. He pick up some of the clean clothes he just tried on, but without using it. Barry is exited about tomorrow, he almost forget that it's easy for him to talk with Caitlin because he met Kara at the party, so they can just act like they become good friends when Kara introduce them, tomorrow is going to be fantastic.

•••

"Barry, wake up! You're late." Barry can barely open his eyes when his mom pull him out of bed.

"Why such a rush? What is the clock?"

"It's 07:32. Just get some clothe on, your father will drive you and I made you some breakfast. Hurry!" Barry looks around, grab some clothe and run to the bathroom.

•••

"Did you forget to turn on your alarm?" Barry's dad ask on their way to school.

"I think so.. I haven't checked yet, I was kinda busy" Barry and his dad start laughing.

"We have arrived mr. Allen"

"Thanks dad, see you later."

"Bye" Barry can hear, right before he close the door. He waves when his dad is leaving.

"Still dads little boy" laugh a familiar voice friendly.

Barry turn around and their eyes meet. "Hey Kara, What are you doing out here?"

"I'm waiting, but I can see, I don't have to anymore" Kara is waving to someone.

"Hi" Barry recognize the calm soft voice. His heart miss a beat when he turn around and look directly into Caitlin's beautiful brown eyes.

"Oh yeah. Barry this is Caitlin and Caitlin this is Barry" Kara says.

"Hey Barry" Caitlin and him shake hands, because none of them really knows how to react.

"I- I should probably find Felicity and Iris, see at lunch?"

"Sure" Kara says, Caitlin nods.

•••

Barry find Iris and Felicity sitting at a table in the cafeteria.

"Hey guys, how was the party?"

"Hey Barry, it was amazing we hang out with Oliver the whole night and-" Felicity cover Iris's mouth with her hand.

"Barry! I have a boyfriend like a serious boyfriend, not just a boy who is my friend, but a boyfriend" Felicity's shining.

"Who is the lucky boy?"

"Oliver Queen" Felicity whispers and blush.

Barry don't know how to response, what about Iris? Aren't she jealous? And what are they really seeing in a dude like Oliver?

"congratulations... I guess.." Barry's weird face make Iris laugh. "Are you both okay with that? I mean I thought both of you liked him." Barry don't know what to say.

"Barry- it's okay we already talked about it" Iris says.

"Um okay- I mean if you are okay with this then- okay" Barry don't know what to do, he wouldn't be okay, if his best friend started dating someone he was in love with.

"Barry we agreed yesterday that it was okay, but for some reason it seems more like you don't accept it.. Why?" Felicity looks disappointed, which Barry totally understand. Here she comes telling about her and her dream boy got together, and then Barry just  start asking if it's okay with Iris.

"Shall we get to class?" Felicity asks with a smile.

"Yeah, let's go" Iris say.

They walk through the corridors in silence, they never use to fight or just argue, never. Is Barry changing because of the night? Will he lose his friend because of Caitlin and Killer Frost? Is it wrong that Barry likes Caitlin because he thinks Killer Frost is amazing and a total badass?
While Barry has his on going conversation with himself in his mind, Iris and Felicity starts realising the school is weirdly quite...

.............................................................
Thank you so so much to everyone
who has read and/or voted I was
Over the moon when I saw this
Story was #1 on snowbarry and
#2 on caitlinsnow.
This chapter is dedicated to Toni
Surprise sksksk.