Chapter Eight

Kurt;

"You're letting me go?" I asked in shock.

"Yeah. I'll unlock the chains for good." He said with a smile.

"Wh-why'd you change your mind?"

"I trust you now." He said with a shrug and threw the chains on the ground. I was beyond shocked. My plan worked. He actually thinks I'm in love with him.

I smiled and kissed his lips.

************

I quickly made my way out the door and started to run. We were still in Seattle, and I think my house was pretty close by. It felt so good to get out and run. But what about Dave? I can't go back.

Finally I found my house and picked up my pace. Walking inside, I found the house was dark and empty. I walked upstairs and saw Courtney laying on the bed.

"K-Kurt, what are you doing here? I thought you left." She sounded... disappointed?

"Courtney, I-"

"Ugh, Kurt you have to leave right now." She groaned.

"W-what?"

"You have to leave. Right now." She said slowly.

"Why? Courtney-"

"Just leave. And don't come back, Kurt." She said with a groan. And that's when I left. I didn't know what was going on. I was confused. She told me to leave. She didn't even care that I was gone. Why'd she want me to leave so bad?

I ran back to Dave's and snuck in. There he stood in the dark room with his arms crossed. "Where did you go?" He asked.

"I... just went for a walk." I lied and looked down.

"Where you going to leave me?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No." And then I walked over to him. Wrapping my arms around his waist, I connected our lips. I could feel him smile as he kissed back.

"Come on, let's go to bed." He said as he took my hand. I followed him upstairs. He pulled me into his bed and wrapped his arms around me. I kissed his lips and sighed happily.

"Goodnight beautiful." He whispered.

"Goodnight, Dave. I love you."

"I love you too." He said and then I fell asleep.