girl meets Bff and uncle

Maya was sitting at her apartment studying or trying to study for her up coming final.
She was graduating high school! Finally! Her parents were at the Matthews for the night because winter break was about to start soon and everyone was around.

she would love to study but her boyfriend josh didn't have any work today meaning he was distributing her more than she thought possible.
He did try to help her study and even offered to leave to give her quiet space to study but she refused.
After a little while maya simply gave up.
"This is getting no where!" She said in frustration to which josh simply pulled her in his arms and kissed her cheek. Being in his arms always calmed him down and before she knew it they were kissing.
Not the sweet and soft kissing couples do in public more like kissing that made the world spin as electronic sparks went through their body's at every touch.
It was a small small apartment because the door opened into the living room/bedroom area.
So when Riley Mathews and her mother walked into the apartment expecting a maya studying they were more then a bit shocked to find her in a compromising position with her uncle.
Maya and josh immediately stopped and sat up but it had already been done.
"What josh?" Maya said, imitating her younger self with the horse.

"The one sitting next to you" Topanga said rolling her eyes as maya huffed.
"What? You miss a horse in your 12 year olds room and you see him!"

"Wait what?" Josh and Topanga asked at the same time but maya ignored them and turned to Riley.
"So, what are you doing here?"

"Well, we thought since you've been studying all day we would take you to dinner and get your mind off things for a bit ..."  Riley answered still shocked. She knew that her best friend and uncle were in a relationship but knowing it and seeing it and feeling the awkwardness of it was completely different.

"Okay,you," Topanga said pointing at josh "your half naked, get dressed please. Maya, go freshen up please, Shawn, your mom and Cory should be here an-"

"Too late" Shawn said walking in and then walking out immediately.

"Family dinner! -yeay?" Josh'a voice cracked half way through the sentence obviously feeling discomfort at his family finding him in such a situation.
"Yeah buddy, yeay indeed. We'll have lots of time to talk" Shawn said walking back in with Katy in his arms.

~*~*~*~*~

Riley was laughing at maya as they walked to the near by subway.
"Stop laughing!" Maya said glaring at her as josh tried to shrink away more.
"And that's why you should check my massages" Riley said still laughing to which maya rolled her eyes.
"Josh" Shawn walked up to where the young adults were in the group.
"Ya wanna talk?"
"About the weather?" Josh asked hopefully though he knew what was coming.
"No,no. About you half naked with my daughter in my apartment."
Josh was blushing very badly when Shawn finally said
"look kid, I've been you grow up and I trust you and your family a lot. Don't break that, got it?
I know I said stupid stuff about girls when I younger to you but that's my daughter. I couldn't be Cory, I tried. You can."

"Of course, Shawn. She's the most wonderful person I've ever met, I'll be more disappointed than anyone else if I hurt her"

"Good"

"Yea.. Shawn, can I ask you something?" Josh said stopping Shawn from going back into the group of adults walking behind them.
"About?"

"About being Cory and Topanga.."

"What do you mean?" Shawn asked a hit confused.
"I love her.. and collage is coming and moving is.. stuffs happening and it's happening soon. I don't want to lose her."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Canigetyourblessingstomarrymaya?"

"Repeat at a human pace"

"I wanna propose to maya"

"WHAT?!? She's 18!!"  Shawn said a little too loud for josh's comfort but maya and Riley were in their own world laughing about something.

"Look, I'm not saying I want to marry her at this moment. I just want to be engaged, to have that promise between us of the future. Please Shawn.. I don't think I can lose her. Like I said a lots gonna happen soon and I really don't want to lose her in it"
"...You promise it's only that. Just an engagement" Shawn said after some thought.
"Yes, of course. You know maya, she wouldn't agree to marry me anyways-"
"I think she's a little too in love with you for normal maya rules to apply but you have my permission. Ask her mother first."
Josh couldn't help the smile on his face as he made his way back to his girlfriend who was entering the subway.
"Why are you so happy? I thought Shawn was being all protective"

"He was but he also said he trusts me with you." To which maya simply rolled her eyes and continued to walk.

~*~*~*~*~

The dinner had gone great, everyone was in a good mood and josh got to spent time with his and his girlfriends family. Seeing how close the two families were made his happy but now they were walking back now and josh knew from the Look Shawn and after the dinner Cory was giving him this was the time to ask her.
As they got on the train josh left a busy with Riley maya to sitting next to Katy hunter.
"Urm, hi mrs.hunter" josh hadn't really spoken to Katy much, she was Maya's mom but they weren't exactly super close so josh didn't really know much about her. He had also only spoken to her in group setting never anything else so he felt nervous this being their first conversation.
"Josh, hi?"

"Right.. urm... well.. you see.."

"Need some help kiddo?" Shawn asked from her side.
"Yeah.. that'd be great"
Katy looked at Shawn with questioning eyes as Shawn explained "he wants to to ask you something about maya"
"I really like-no love her. She's the most wonderful and amazing person I've met in my life. And I know she's only 18 but I really care about her and a lots about to happen as she goes into collage and careers and all that and I really don't want to lost her. I want to propose to her and I'm asking your permission ma'am"
Katy seemed very taken back when josh continued, god, how many times had he said 'and'?
"I'm not suggesting we get married. Just a promise. To have something to connect us. Just the engagement"

"She's so young! Shawn?"

"Katy I know he's a good kid. I trust him." Josh could hug Shawn at that moment not just hug but do whatever he asked. And that was a lot because he's crazy Shawn hunter.
"I'm not sure about this.."

"Katy, look at how happy she has been"

"Fine, but if my 18 year old gets married I'm going to hurt some people. Remember that" Katy didn't seem comfortable with he idea but she did smile at him at the end. The only indication of her support.
Josh knew she was scared of something what happened to her happening to maya so her agreeing to it really made him love her in a motherly way.

"What's up with you and my parents?" Maya asked as josh returned to his seat next to maya knowing that she was going to get the best Christmas gift of her life.
"Nothing, you know we rarely spent time with your mom. We should do that"
"Sure, could be fun" she said obviously a bit suspicious to the situation. "Anyways, come on, Riley's being crazy."

"How?"

"She wants to do secret Santa"

"What's so bad about that? I love secret Santa!" Josh said confused.
Maya huffed Before starting the stories of their old Christmases.