girl meets be mine?

Maya couldn't breathe. It was too much, the world had stopped. The City of life was dead quiet. The world itself couldn't breathe.
Maya didn't understand. This couldn't be happening!
This was the same Josh that was a fantasy something that wasn't real but now, he was in front of her, real, asking her to marry him.
He was chasing her, waiting for her answer.
"Ms.maya hunter, you are the most wonderful person I've ever met. Your crazy but you love like there is no end and I know this has to be hard for you especially because how young we are but life is going to move fast soon and there's going to be so much buzz and noise, I don't want to lose you in that.
This is my promise to you maya, that I'm going to be here for you forever.
That I'll never leave no matter how hard life gets.
This is my promise of someday to you, that someday we'll live in a house, have a sweet family and live life together till our last breathes."

Now, looking back it made sense. There had been roses on the path, a thousand candles, weird garden with flowers and balloons.
She was thinking back at every moment they had spent together. The laughing, crying, the good the bad.
The time Josh was her savior, the time they fell in too deep.
Then she realized Josh had the look of heartbreak in his eyes. She hadn't answered but she wasn't sure what to say.
She loved Josh but she was 18!

She couldn't breathe but looking into Josh's eyes she knew her answer.

"Yes. Yes!" She didn't realize she was crying, she didn't realize she had started to breathe again, all she felt was the cold of the ring on her finger and the softness of his lips as they kissed in their happiness.

~~~~~~~

Maya and Josh walked into the Matthews apartment with a much calmer look than what they were feeling. All the adults in the room were smiling at them expectedly but maya ignored everyone and walked up to Riley. 

"You knew?!?!" 

"Nope. Actually, no one's telling me what's going on!" Riley complained

"oh?" Maya asked turning to Josh but Topanga got up giving her a hug answered "maya, Riley is still josh's niece you know. He asked all his brothers to help. enough of that, I'm so happy for you! congrats! 
oh, let me see the ring!" she gushed while still hugging her. In the background, Josh was hugging his brothers when maya shared the news. 

(this is a picture I took from google and do not own : ) ) 

"Wow, Josh you-" 

"SUEEEEEEEEEEE!! OMG MAYA!! CONGRATS!!!" Riley screamed finally caught up with what was going on. 

Riley quickly broke into the circle around maya and gave her a big hug. "oh, can I please???" she said jumping in place. 

"go for it" 

"YEEEEEEEEEEYYAAAAAAYYY" everyone was sure the whole of new york heard that but maya didn't seem to bother and simply hugged her friend. 

"congrats baby girl," Katy said walking up to her daughter and also giving her a hug. 

"Yeah, I'm so happy for you! you're engaged.. my 18-year-old!" Shawn said making everyone laugh and also giving her a hug. 

The next few moments passed in a blur for maya with her only knowing that she had been hugged a lot, Lucas and rest of the hang had come in and lot's of congrats. 
Everyone calmed down around dinner as Topanga started to set plates. 

"Hey gorgeous," Josh said hugging maya from behind. She had been standing in a corner watching everyone and occasionally helping Topanga set up. 
"Hey," 

"maya you look uncomfortable" 

"I'm not-"  "don't lie" "fine, a little. I don't want things to change too fast josh, there's already too much changing. I love you but what if things change?" Maya explained but instead of being sad at her words josh rapped his hands around her tighter and told her "maya, I promise nothing will change between us. It's just us, it's a ring. it doesn't have any meaning if you don't give it any" looking at Josh making promises to her even though he himself was unsure made maya smile. this is why she had said yes because Josh is the most perfect person for her. He understood what she meant when no one else did, even Riley. 

"you know, Riley once asked me if we would always love each other more than our boyfriends" 

"and?" 

" Love has too many different meanings to know that " 

"well, that's a unsatesfying answer" 

"hahaha, you weirdo, fine. I love her more than you" maya said sticking her tongue out at him but before she knew it they were kissing. She didn't know how long they were kissing for until a throat cleared. 
"You two wanna eat something other than yourselves?" Topanga said with a smirk on her face. 

And at that moment maya sitting with all her family, friends and loved ones she was happy. she was happy in her life and for once life was solid ground, not an island floating along. 

And at that moment Josh sitting with all his family, friends and loved ones was happy, his life had been great but he knew he had never been happier.