girl meets Life moves fast

Everyone in the friend's group sat around not knowing what to say. They were in their last year of high school and life was moving fast, they thought they had at least a year left but now they didn't know what to think.
Topanga has gotten another job offering from London this time offering even more than last time. She was hardworking and loyal and they wanted her to work for them.
Maya couldn't breathe this was too much.
"Guys, why are we doing this again? She said she's not leaving her bay window and her family. They're not leaving"
"Maya, things change. This is the biggest best offer she could possibly get.. and I want her to do bigger and better things-"

"You want to leave?!?" Maya suddenly said a little too loud. Riley was about to get upset to but then her uncle walked in.
"Maya, calm down," Josh said putting a hand around her and holding her to his chest. They had been dating for a little while now and Riley was happy for them.
If she actually goes go away she wanted them to have each other.
Them being together was apparently not a surprise to anyone but Riley and she smiled as she saw Maya calming down in his arms.
"So, how are you kiddies doing?"
He said sitting down with Maya still in his arms.

"I thought you couldn't come.." Maya whispered.
"I-yea finished the test and didn't miss this," he said pulling her closer and kissing her cheeks.

"Maya, I don't want to go, but I want mom to succeed and she can't keep saying no to the biggest things in her life because I don't want to-"

"Riley, she made choices based on what was best for everyone, she'll do the same this time. Don't worry. now, why don't we just calm down" Josh was obviously trying to help but it wasn't really helping.
The offer had come as a bad shock after their tests were done and they got home after school.
"Maya come on, do you really want to fight right now?" Josh asked in a sad voice knowing what his niece and girlfriend were going through.
"You know what, I can't right now. I'm going home by-"

"Maya! What do you want from me?! This is happening! We might move! And if we don't then how are you so sure that I'd go to the same college as you?! I-I'm scared too but what if I want to go with Lucas?
Maya, we aren't doing much by avoiding it now"

"See, that's the difference, Riley. I applied to NYU and Columbia! Guess what? I got a scholarship into the best art school of my choice and I turned it down and I applied to the colleges you wanted to go to because I'm ready to do that for you, Riley! I don't care that Josh goes NYU, it's your second choice that's why I picked it!
You don't see that. Go be with Lucas, I'm not stopping you because you say that don't care about things but you don't see how much I care about you!"
Maya stormed outside the cafe with tears in her eyes.
"Riley, I'm gonna-"

"Oh my gosh, I made maya cry..." Riley seemed in a different world processing the words Maya just said, Josh knew Maya didn't mean any of it, including the part about her not wanting to go to NYU with himself but he was conflicted on who to talk to when Farkle said "go, we've got Riley"
And with that Josh ran after Maya.
She was sitting in a park bench near the cafe crying.

"Maya-"

"Josh didn't mean it, I didn't mean any of it. She just can't leave.. I can't deal with this"
Josh first held her until she stopped crying than slowly as she composed herself he started to talk
"I know it's hard and I know you didn't mean anything. Riley does too.
Both of you are scared Maya and that's okay.

you know, from when I was just a little kid I saw Shawn and cory. It was alway's Shawn and cory even with Topanga with everyone else. They would take a bullet for each other and growing up I wanted that so badly Maya, I wanted that because as you know I observed them and I saw how wonderful important that is.

I saw this bond between two people that just can't be described in words. I wanted that, I couldn't really find it. you have that! maya, don't be scared of it. Riley and you, the friendship you have is so unique and special don't lose that over something stupid. don't let things that you can't control break you."

at first, Maya didn't move but a little later Josh felt a tiny nod against his chest as he held her. They walked home after Maya was completely calm to find rilye sitting in front of the door.

"Riley, I-"

"mom made a decision and We find out together, right?"

"right"

and so, they walked into the now no longer full Matthews house to find out where their fate would land them.

"Come here girls," Topanga said patting the two seats on the couch empty next to her as they walked in.

"so?" Maya asked leaning her head against topangas.

"so, We're not going anywhere anytime soon. But I do want to talk to you guys about something else. you two were fighting?"

"it was my fault," Riley and Maya said at the same time.

"Look, girls, it's not gonna get easier to make desitions from here on. collage is gonna happened. careers, jobs, families. from here on everything you do is going to be a choice and a hard one at that and every choice you make is going to have big impacts.
I know that you know how to get through this. We've taught you how. Don't get scared by them." Topanga said kissing both of the girls that she had seen grow up into wonderful, young woman on the cheek and giving them a tight hug.

"together" Maya whispered

, "yeah, now, isn't there someone you have to apologise to?" Topanga asked. She could see Maya trying to avoid eye contact with her as she said "Riley? yeah, sorry riles"

"Maya" Topanga said smiling towards Josh, "I think you know who I mean"

"we spoke," Maya said but quickly changed when she saw everyone giving her a skeptical look "fine he spoke.. he'd be a good therapist"

"go," she said pushing her towards the door where Josh was standing.

"hi," she said smiling at him and at that moment there was no one in the world who couldn't see their love.

"Hey," he answered, helping her put on her coat before the two walked out.

.

.

.

"there's something going on... he has something planned doesn't he?"

"yes, yes he does"

"why don't I know about this?"

"because you're still his niece,"

"that's not fair! Maya already doesn't tell me everything because he's my uncle! I'm missing out on my best friend and uncles life!"

"you'll find out in a bit"