Girl meets back home-2

It was finally time. All the bags had been packed and put into the cars. The presents too. Everyone was ready to go.
Now they only had to pick who was going in which car. There were two cars going to Philadelphia, Cory's and josh's.
"Okay, come on Riley" Cory said getting into the drivers seat but Riley didn't move "I'm going with maya and uncle josh"

"Of course you are, it's not like I'm your father"
~~~~~~~~~

And so the road trip began. Maya was extremely excited, she had been to Philadelphia only twice before and both times josh hadn't been a factor in her life.
Other than that, she really loved Riley's grandparents. Both Amy and Alan had been great to her, never treating her and Riley differently.

"I'm so exited to show you around! This'll be great"
"I'm just excited for your moms pie, that stuff tastes soo good" maya answered. Making both josh and Riley laugh.

"Okay, maya I need you opinion. Charl-" Riley began was cut off by maya.
"The answer is no"

"Oh come on peaches, he's not that bad. He is our friend"

"Let's see, Lucas isn't here and he suddenly contacts you. The answer is no Riley"

"I mean- he probably just has time now that school is over" Riley answered, looking at the good of everyone.

"What are you two talking about?" Josh asked, still focused on the road.

"Oh, there's this guy we know that really liked Riley-"

"I don't think he does anymore"

"And now he suddenly contacts her which Lucas isn't here"

And the conversation continued. The girls watching shows or chatting as Josh drove. They drove for a few hours before josh started to pull over. It hadn't felt very long but everyone still stepped out stretching their bodies and getting sleep out of their system. The matthews had been standing in front of their house ready to greet their visitors. Anyone could tell how excited they were simply by looking at their face.

Maya however was very scared to find that instead of going to greet the rest if their families the matthew grandparents came to her first. She had almost forgotten about the ring on her hand. Josh had delivered on his of no chance but maya knew that it wasnt fair of her to ask his family or friends to not be excited so she smiled and greeted her new in-laws.

"Maya, josh, oh my babies. I'm so existed" Mrs.matthews said, holding mayas hand to get a good look at the engagement ring. "Its good to see you again mrs.matthews" soon after everyone was hugging everyone and maya could feel the love this family had for each other in the air.
"Maya, come in, come in. Its soo cold out" Mr. Matthews said waving her in.

"Wow, you were never that excited to see me" topanga muttered while cory playfully said "your children are also here to visit you know. Thanks for the love"
"You guys are the same old, but Maya, oh I'm so excited. Josh hasn't brought a single other girl home and they're engaged! Of course we're excited" grandpa Matthew's said teasing both his sons. As josh was about to reply to his parents Morgan matthews walked out in her pajamas looking like she just woke up, which she confirmed by saying "why is it so loud?"

Maya had always had a small life that revolves around a few important to her while Josh's world was out of the universe. Large, full of friends and family.
As maya quietly followed the matthews into the house she wondered if she would disappoint them or scare them away. If she would ever be able to become a part of Josh's world.