Chapter 28: at least your pain is the only thing i remember

Courtney

"I can't believe we missed it! We were so close in telling them,that they worked for the same person the whole time!" Carlo keep whining but he didn't do anything. Whatever.
We're at the cabin,where it's Vivian's hideout turned out to be a grave. There's two bodies here.
"Stop whining. Check this out." Vivian crouches down and found out that there's a blood drip on the floor."The furnitures are out,everything but the chair."
"It's smacked." I look at Vivian and she seems unsure."Do you think Ali might have..."
"I think. But I'm not that sure. Neither it's Emily or Alison. But blood drip like this is not Jenna's. It might be whether it's Emily's or Ali's." I understand that Vivian says that could be Emily's or Ali's blood. Which of them got shot? A gun is just a few inches away from us.
Vivian examines the whole spot where it happened. The stairs are destroyed so there's no way the got up there. "Maybe one of them killed Jenna. And maybe Noel."
"No Jenna killed Noel because he had an affair. Obviously with somebody else." Carlo explains and I try to think the possibility of this case."So Noel's out of the list. He got killed for cheating on Jenna. But who killed Jenna then?"
"Probably someone who hates her for life." Vivian glances at Noel and to Jenna several times,I can't figure out what she's thinking."Jenna was always ahead of us. But seems now she's stopped. She told them the truth right before we could. Wow this human really does know how to manipulate."
I look at Carlo and he's finally being serious for once."Don't forget,they both had a plan kept away by each other. Even us." I say and slam my body on the wall crossing my arms.
"We're totally roasted." I say again and look away. Vivian sighs and walks to me,and cups my face."Enough with the negative. Don't forget,MatchMakers can't give up easily."
I smile a little when she says that."I can't believe you remembered rule number 99?" She just shrugs and I exactly know that look."I WAS a MatchMaker you know." I smile and feel so proud of this girl. She really has changed.
"Now,back to the scene. So either it's Emily or Ali that smacked Jenna on the head with the chair. And we her head is bleeding as hell." Carlo says,poking Jenna's head."The blood drip...someone was shot."
"Why did they ran away and didn't come to us?" Carlo ask and I stood froze. I cross my arm and put my other arm on it,while my fingers touching my chin.
"That's what I'm trying to find out." Vivian says and it makes me feel more shaky. I try not to be sweaty because I'm hiding something. But it's obvious they know that I am. MatchMakers can not hide secrets."C,everything good?" Vivian interrogates me and I had to give up."I saw Emily running away,dammit!" I blurt out and try to ignore their looks. "You what?!"
"When we were on our way here,I saw Emily running...she was crying and when she noticed me that I saw her hiding behind the trees,she told me not to tell anyone. I just had to..."
"Courtney that was our clue why would you let her go?!" Carlo rubs her temples and Vivian calms her down."Hey she had to. Now stop scaring the shit outta her it's not gonna help."
"Right,sorry Courtney. I didn't mean to yell at you..." I look down and bite my lip. Vivian touches my arms and try to make me calm down. I'm trying not to cry.
"It's alright. We get that you had to. Now just settle down,okay?" I nod and she kisses my cheek. I smile a little and feel relaxed. Thanks to Vivian.
"One question. Did you saw her holding anything?" I shake my hand,but when I try to think back hard..."She was holding Ali. Ali was unconscious that time..." Vivian widen her eyes in mistrust.
"Does that mean...Emily shot Ali?"

*siren noises

We bent our backs to stay low,here are blue and red lights."We have to go. " I nod and hold Vivian's hand,as we fly together out of there. Someone perhaps the joggers must've called the police. But too late.

Emily

I have to hide away from the police. I saw Courtney,Vivian and Carlo earlier. But Courtney only saw me. Thank god she still has trust in me. I have to run. All I got to do is run. I have to bring Ali to someone. I need to bring her to the girls. They're the only person I trust.
I've walked in the woods for hours and it's already night,i need to bring her to the hospital before it's too late. Good thing Ali is tough. She managed to stay with me until now. It started raining,so I cover Ali's head with my jacket. I'm too weak to walk,I'm tired. When the water hits my bruises it hurts too,but I have to keep on. I search for a place a little shady,and bring out my phone when i made it at the road,and called Spencer."Em? Where are you? Its the middle of the night everyone's worried about you. Your mom said you went out to go somewhere. I've been looking everywhere for you."
"Spence I need you to do me a favour...please."