Dreams and Dementors

The rest of the summer went by way to quickly in Serena’s mind. She enjoyed hanging out with her friends and she wasn’t ready to start her final year because she knew how fast it would go by.

The morning she was supposed to head back to Hogwarts she had woken up an hour earlier than she’d planned. She fed Blizzard and made sure that he stretched his wings before she locked him back up in his cage.

She took her time in the shower and deciding what she was going to wear. It was a rainy morning so she decided on jeans and a sweatshirt. She packed up the rest of her things in her trunk, grabbed her Nimbus and put it in it’s case, and picked up Blizzard’s cage and headed downstairs where her parents were waiting for her.

“Do you want breakfast before we leave?” asked her mother.

“I’m not that hungry,” said Serena.

“You need to eat something,” said her father sternly. He seemed to be acting more agitated than usual. Not wanting to argue, Serena grabbed a piece of toast and jellied it and took a couple of bites before her parents said it was time to go.

“Can’t I just Apparate?” asked Serena. “It would be much easier so you two wouldn’t have to come with me.”

“Serena, you know the law,” said her father. “Until you’re seventeen and pass your Apparation Test you may not.”

Serena rolled her eyes and grabbed her father’s arm so they could Apparate together onto the Platform.

As she said good-bye to her parents, her father reminded her that she needed to stay safe.

“Sirius Black is still on the loose, and I don’t want you wandering the school grounds when you shouldn’t be. Don’t walk around by yourself, and be back in the castle by curfew,” he said. Her parents still looked worried.

“Dad, can you please tell me why you’re so worried?” she asked. “If there’s something I should know –

“Everything is fine,” he said. “Now hurry up. Don’t want you to miss the train.”

Serena hugged her parents and walked aboard the Hogwarts Express very frustrated. Why couldn’t her parents just tell her why they were so worried about Sirius Black? Yes, he’s a mass murderer, but why were they so concerned that he’d be at Hogwarts? Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted by Maggie.

“Rena! Liv and I have a compartment down here!” she said. Serena handed her trunk and Blizzard to the attendant and followed Maggie.

“It’s strange, isn’t it?” said Olivia. “Going back without Jade.”

It was strange. Jade was Serena’s first friend at Hogwarts. She had made her feel welcome at the start of term feast.

The rain had just ended up getting worse the closer they got to school. Maggie ended up falling asleep on the seat and Olivia went off to look for Miles Bletchley. They started dating last year. Serena pulled out her notebook and began scribbling more notes in it until she was interrupted by Oliver walking into her compartment.

“Hey you,” he said.

“Shh!” said Serena as she pointed to Maggie sound asleep.

“Sorry,” he whispered as he took a seat beside her. She snapped her notebook shut. “Oh, what? You don’t want me reading your diary?” he teased.

“You know that’s top secret information in there,” she said quietly.

“I know, I know,” he said with a smile. He placed his hand on Serena’s leg and she blushed. “So…you ready to start your final year?”